Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

Bartender
Ephraim Tutt said:
You're all style Rusty!

I can't tell from the pic and I probably don't need to ask but I'm guessing that ribbon's on the thin side.
Thanks Mr Tutt!
Nope this ribbon is wide.
Here is another recent shot that shows up better.

hpim5044.jpg

RBH

Bartender
Mr. Paladin said:
Looking good in the AB, Rusty.

I like the profile you, JTL, and gtd have on your rear brims. I may tend to let mine stay a bit too curved. I only have 2 or three that I think look good with the sharper curve. I need to put some time in flattening mine some more.
Thanks Mr P, the campdraft I did myself. But the Federation and Stratoliner was shaped by Rocky at Buckaroo Hatters. He used steam to get the shape.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
RBH said:
Thanks Mr Tutt!
Nope this ribbon is wide.
Here is another recent shot that shows up better.

hpim5044.jpg

That's a classic look, Rusty! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Thanks for posting the shots of your brims -- that's exactly what I was trying to describe. :)

Cheers,
JtL

RBH said:
Thanks Mr P, the campdraft I did myself. But the Federation and Stratoliner was shaped by Rocky at Buckaroo Hatters. He used steam to get the shape.
Like the Chief said, I, too, steam the brim then work in the pencil curl for the back of the brim. Here is my Silver Belly Campdraft profile...
cdsbprofile.jpg

My 2 Open Roads, 3in brim then 2 5/8...
40OR4.jpg

CanOR1.jpg

Mario

I'll Lock Up
RobFedoraField said:
I was warm, but had to keep risisting the urge to rob a train lol

Well, where would you hide it in the first place?

But honestly: if I were to meet you dressed up like that, I'd gladly hand over any trains I'd happen to have on me. :eek: :p

Ah...nice Campdraft, by the way! :eusa_clap :)

Scott Wood

Practically Family
Borso

This morning I had to run down to the store and pick up the mail (no packages:( ) so I popped a recently acquired Neapolitan Borsalino on my head.
It needs a bit of brushing and a good re-shape but the only real drawback today was that it is far too light for this weather, thank the gods for remote start and seat warmers ;)
100_0230.jpg

100_0231.jpg

100_0233.jpg

100_0235.jpg

100_0236.jpg

100_0237.jpg

Woody

Scott Wood

Practically Family
p.s.

Just a post-script to my entry below... going through my hats and new editions and so far I still think that my Akubras and Resistols are my favourite hats.
Of course when I receive my first VS later this year I may change my mind ;)

Woody

billysmom

One Too Many
Scott Wood said:
This morning I had to run down to the store and pick up the mail (no packages:( ) so I popped a recently acquired Neapolitan Borsalino on my head.
It needs a bit of brushing and a good re-shape but the only real drawback today was that it is far too light for this weather, thank the gods for remote start and seat warmers ;)
100_0230.jpg

Woody

Very nice! Love the ribbon!!!!

Sue

Scott Wood

Practically Family
billysmom said:
It looks so cold! We're shivering here with temps in the 40's - above zero!

Sue
We're finding it pretty warm here at -16c lol
That's right around zero in old temp(farenheit :p)
When you're well prepared it really isn't bad until it gets to -30 or -40[huh] . Just plugged the quad in and in an hour or so I will go out for a ride to make sure the dog and I get some time outside, most of MY excercise is in getting in and out of all the cold weather gear lol

Woody

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Espasoner