Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

redhawks2

One of the Regulars
What, this old thing? This is a Stetson 25 that I don't wear much because it is in such good shape that I get paranoid when wearing it outside the house. It has a 2-7/8" brim which is just a bit wider than I normally wear as I am particularly fond of the 2-5/8" brim width that is just perfect, I believe, for everyone on the planet:D Okay, so it is a wee bit of a generalisation. So I dusted this thing off and have been wearing it all day and by golly, nothing has destroyed it! Yet.:whistling
AAA013-1.jpg

anon`

One Too Many
What was, until this morning, a Trackside in steel from Art. I gave it a more severe pinch this morning over coffee, as the bullhead-like pinch on the Trackside really isn't terribly complimentary of my face any longer, especially on a hat that I've nearly shrunk out of!

2Jan2010-5.JPG
2Jan2009-4.JPG

billysmom

One Too Many
redhawks2 said:
What, this old thing? This is a Stetson 25 that I don't wear much because it is in such good shape that I get paranoid when wearing it outside the house. It has a 2-7/8" brim which is just a bit wider than I normally wear as I am particularly fond of the 2-5/8" brim width that is just perfect, I believe, for everyone on the planet:D Okay, so it is a wee bit of a generalisation. So I dusted this thing off and have been wearing it all day and by golly, nothing has destroyed it! Yet.:whistling
AAA013-1.jpg

That is simply gorgeous! It deserves to be worn, seen and appreciated!

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Sue

Scott Wood

Practically Family
Jauntyone said:
Riding the rails to-day! At the Gare du Nord in Paris wearing my VS steel blue fedora:
usa087.jpg
Great hat, now take it and get on the first train to Gare D'Austerlitz where you board the sleeper to Hendaye/Irun. After another half hour on a commuter called El Topo you arrive in the city of San Sebastien/Donosti Espana:eusa_clap . One of the most beautiful and wonderful places. I lived there 3 years and miss it always :(
Back on topic that hat is lovely :D:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Scott Wood

Practically Family
redhawks2 said:
Watching out for pigeons and seagulls???:eek:
;)

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
redhawks2 said:
AAA013-1.jpg

Wear it, rh. I looks real good on you.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
anon` said:
What was, until this morning, a Trackside in steel from Art. I gave it a more severe pinch this morning over coffee, as the bullhead-like pinch on the Trackside really isn't terribly complimentary of my face any longer, especially on a hat that I've nearly shrunk out of!

2Jan2010-5.JPG
2Jan2009-4.JPG
That is a great looking hat!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Scott Wood

Practically Family
RBH said:
Great hats all.. heres to you :eusa_clap

Getting ready to go out in the cold, wearing my Borsolino Alessandria.
That Alessandria is such a great looking hat.:eusa_clap I think of that colour in terms of "Pearl" is there a proper name for it?[huh]
I definitely don't have anything as nice a colour in my stable

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
RBH said:
Great hats all.. heres to you :eusa_clap

Getting ready to go out in the cold, wearing my Borsolino Alessandria.

ab007.jpg

That hat was made for you, Rusty! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

So, here's an observation -- I find the thin felt on the Borso Alessandrias to be a bit too insubstantial to fend off the deep cold of winter. I like something a bit thicker in terms of felt for the winter months. Anyone else have views on that?

Cheers,
JtL

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
djgo-cat-go said:

Tremendous pic!

Everyone's looking great today - even rlk of Antarctica.

Anon - where do you keep coming up with all the great hats? That one is fabulous!

Scott Wood

Practically Family
Borsalino 5X

jimmy the lid said:
That hat was made for you, Rusty! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

So, here's an observation -- I find the thin felt on the Borso Alessandrias to be a bit too insubstantial to fend off the deep cold of winter. I like something a bit thicker in terms of felt for the winter months. Anyone else have views on that?

Cheers,
JtL
I have been wearing my Neapolitan XXXXX(haven't found any other name or reference on it) the last couple of days and have found that even though the felt is that buttery, luxuriant, light type the wider multi-layered sweat and cushy lining make up the difference. Should mention though that when it gets too bitter I have wrap around "rabbit ears" lol

The Lark

One of the Regulars
I've already shown this in the Holmes thread, but what the hell it's a funky pic.

I used an old wool felt black fedora to try and mimic one of the Sherlock Holmes posters I saw.

larkholmes2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21