Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

Bartender
jimmy the lid said:
That hat was made for you, Rusty! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

So, here's an observation -- I find the thin felt on the Borso Alessandrias to be a bit too insubstantial to fend off the deep cold of winter. I like something a bit thicker in terms of felt for the winter months. Anyone else have views on that?

Cheers,
JtL
You are right, the Alessandria is super thin and I wore it for the style and not so much for function.

RobFedoraField said:
That's a great casual combination. i find with the lighter hats, I get less "indy" comments.
Thanks Rob! I get more 'cowboy' comments than anything.
But the 'Indy' comments dont bother me, at least they have the right style of hat.

RBH

Bartender
Scott Wood said:
That Alessandria is such a great looking hat.:eusa_clap I think of that colour in terms of "Pearl" is there a proper name for it?[huh]
I definitely don't have anything as nice a colour in my stable

Woody the color is listed as 'Avorio'. Which from this thread would be Ivory.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=4474

It would seem this is a truly vintage hat from the post in this thread.

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
RobFedoraField said:
it still throws me off to see current pics of you all down under in shirt sleeve shirts when I'm wearing slippers, long pants and s sweatshirt trying to stay warm indoors while it's 10 deg F. outside!

Enjoy the weather while you can:rage:

If it makes you feel any better, it's been raining pretty consistently the last few days. But it remains hot and humid.

And the rain is interfering with the cricket!!

Jauntyone

Practically Family
Scott Wood said:
Great hat, now take it and get on the first train to Gare D'Austerlitz where you board the sleeper to Hendaye/Irun. After another half hour on a commuter called El Topo you arrive in the city of San Sebastien/Donosti Espana:eusa_clap . One of the most beautiful and wonderful places. I lived there 3 years and miss it always :(
Back on topic that hat is lovely :D:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Thanks, Scott! I have actually been thru Irun/San Sebastien several times going to Portugal by train. I even got to spend a couple of days in San Sebastien because I missed my connecting trainlol .

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
IMG_2659.jpg

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

metropd

One Too Many

Do you have more pics of that outfit? What kind of occasion would allow you to dress so formally?Still love the grey lid in your avitar.[/QUOTE]

I was stopping in to get some coffee before going out dancing and drinking. The full evening dress has become my nightly going out on the town ensemble. I reserve the fedoras and double breasted or three peice suits for more casual settings. I have always like top hats more than fedoras. I will post more pictures soon.

Musashi

One of the Regulars
anon` said:
What was, until this morning, a Trackside in steel from Art. I gave it a more severe pinch this morning over coffee, as the bullhead-like pinch on the Trackside really isn't terribly complimentary of my face any longer, especially on a hat that I've nearly shrunk out of!

2Jan2010-5.JPG
2Jan2009-4.JPG

The colors on that hat are truly awesome. I'm gonna have to save the pic in case i get a custom done sometime.

Now whats this about your head shrinking?? :eek:

RBH said:
You are right, the Alessandria is super thin and I wore it for the style and not so much for function.

Thanks Rob! I get more 'cowboy' comments than anything.
But the 'Indy' comments dont bother me, at least they have the right style of hat.

this is :eek:fftopic: a little, but what gets me is when I wear my campdraft I get Indy comments, when I wear my fed 4 I get cowboy and Amish comments.

I wouldn't mind getting "razzed" by friends, but I wish they could at least figure out the right hat to "mock" me for.
but anyway, the outfit looked great, though I don't think I would have ever came up with the word "butter" as a descriptor as Billy'sMom did...

Have a grand start to a new year!

Musashi

One of the Regulars
Jauntyone said:
Riding the rails to-day! At the Gare du Nord in Paris wearing my VS steel blue fedora:
usa087.jpg

I Know there$ a very good rea$on for thi$, but ever V$ hat i $ee $eems to look mile$ better than the re$t of the hat$ around, and fit$ the wearer perfectly. I think I know what my 'WI$H HAT" is... :D

(FYI No Offense intended but the '$' joke, I just couldn't help myself. I'm sure they are worth every penny, they look it in the pictures, i bet in real life they are amazing! I have heard nothing buy praise for VS and Mr. Fawcett)

metropd said:
Do you have more pics of that outfit? What kind of occasion would allow you to dress so formally?Still love the grey lid in your avitar.

I was stopping in to get some coffee before going out dancing and drinking. The full evening dress has become my nightly going out on the town ensemble. I reserve the fedoras and double breasted or three peice suits for more casual settings. I have always like top hats more than fedoras. I will post more pictures soon.[/QUOTE]
:( :( I suddenly feel very under dressed.....

jimmy the lid said:
So, here's an observation -- I find the thin felt on the Borso Alessandrias to be a bit too insubstantial to fend off the deep cold of winter. I like something a bit thicker in terms of felt for the winter months. Anyone else have views on that?

Cheers,
JtL
My ArtLite & Borso's don't get much noggin time in the winter months. They don't seem to hold heat as well as my heavier felt which makes sense. The dead air space between my head & the liners insulates the most, then the felt holding it in. Seems logical the thinner felt would release heat quicker & that's why I wear them more on warmer days. It is 19 this morning & I'm wearing thick Akubra felt to the barn.

Scott Wood

Practically Family
Jauntyone said:
Thanks, Scott! I have actually been thru Irun/San Sebastien several times going to Portugal by train. I even got to spend a couple of days in San Sebastien because I missed my connecting trainlol .
There is a lot of talk here about comments people get about their hats bu tin spite of the fact that about all anyone wears in San Seb for a hat is a boina(basque beret) I got all kinds of very complimentary comments about my hats there very frequently[huh]
Especially when I was wearing it on the beach, NOT! lol

Scott Wood

Practically Family
metropd said:
Do you have more pics of that outfit? What kind of occasion would allow you to dress so formally?Still love the grey lid in your avitar.

I was stopping in to get some coffee before going out dancing and drinking. The full evening dress has become my nightly going out on the town ensemble. I reserve the fedoras and double breasted or three peice suits for more casual settings. I have always like top hats more than fedoras. I will post more pictures soon.[/QUOTE]
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
You pull it off amazingly well, Sir!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21