Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Wood

Practically Family
Lazy day

Just plonkin' around today so I threw the Stockman on:
Stockman.jpg

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
The Return of Ephraim Tutt

At last Comrades and Compadres! My internet is fixed after nearly 3 weeks without access. It took 'em this long to figure out that the problem was caused by some interference from another line somewhere back down the line.

Anyways....to catch up...here's the last of my holiday snaps showing that an old Mallory looks just as good on an unshaven wretch in a t-shirt (this is is Mallory that was sold as 'grey' but turned up 'brown'. Though in the daylight you can see why there may have been some confusion).

And just to show Mr P that I did keep my word, there's also a shot of the Shudde Bros OR atop my noggin in the first week back.

SDC10477.jpg
SDC10478.jpg

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Ephraim Tutt said:

Mr. Tutt, Sir - I wish that every unshaven wretch in a t-shirt would look as fabolous with that fantastic Mallory on his head as you do, but I'm afraid that there is not much hope in there...

So let me reapeat it again: that Mallory looks fantastic and you wear it damn well! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I really think that this is my favorite of your hats so far. :D

Glad that you're finally back! :)

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Yep Mario my friend - the Mallory remains a firm favourite in my stable. It's still the most comfortable hat I own - something to do with that extra wide, soft sweatband I guess. Now if only I can figure out what colour it is! [huh]

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Yep, normally I'd agree with taupe Mario. it's just much darker than any taupe I've ever seen. I think it's a smokey brown - but henceforth we can christen it as 'Taupe-with-a-tan!'

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Mario said:
It's a nice hat, but I like the Mallory better (or the Shudde Brothers). What I mean to say by this is that you should go with the taller crowns. I really think your face takes them much better than those low crowned lids. Just my $0.02...

Ta Mario - I always value your .02.

As you'll see in the Akubra Overload thread, I'm still playing with the bash. I may try a centre dent to raise the crown a tad. It's a lovely lid to wear - and a very old Akubra style. Almost an Aussie icon is the Squatter. I like the gunmetal grey colour too. Pity it's no longer available.

jharrell

New in Town
Christys' of London Havana Panama

The UPS man dropped this off earlier today. It's a Christys' of London
Havana Panama. I guess it counts as being worn as I had to try it on.
The sizes on these seem to run a bit large. I'm on the small side of 7 1/4 and this hat is marked Large and fits 7 1/4 to 7 3/8. The people from noggintops included a couple of foam sizers that I have to fold in half to double the width. One in the front and one in the back make the hat fit perfect. I think the medium would be to small though so I'll probably stick with the Large.

havana.jpg

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ephraim Tutt said:
And just to show Mr P that I did keep my word, there's also a shot of the Shudde Bros OR atop my noggin in the first week back.
SDC10478.jpg

I had no doubt sir! Glad you are back amongst us. That is a perfect look for you. :eusa_clap

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
Mario said:
My go-to hat, Mallory Ten Pliafelt.

Another great looking hat! I'm waiting for one of your posts that doesn't ellicit a "Man, I wish I had one of those!" from me. Didn't happen today...
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Ephraim Tutt said:
Damn Scott - I think it's my new favourite hat too!

Thanks all. I don't visit this thread as often as I should - a lot of really great hats lately.

Ephraim - I just wish there were more things to wear it with. I actually am looking forward to some frigid weather so that I can bring out my big fuzzy black coat and this hat. Lately the weather is just too nice and beautiful around here :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters