Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildblue

One of the Regulars
Gutshot said:
Ok, I've got to share this one. It showed up today in the mail!

4293221511_f9f7bae805.jpg
HAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!! That's a great one.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Wearing my Federation as usual. Here's a picture from when I went on my daily walk as usual. It's been raining hard the past couple of days though, and the weather today has been really winding. My brim was in fact flopping all over the place.

dsc00090c.jpg

The Good

Call Me a Cab
BobC said:
The Fed looks good, JB, and suits you well.

Why thank you, sir. To be honest, if I even get a comment at all by others (well, maybe except from a couple siblings, heh), it's all compliments. This makes me wonder if people actually are starting to appreciate the fedora style more. I mean, I even got compliments wearing my wool Jaxon c-crown fedora before the Fed IV.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Ephraim Tutt said:
Mario, you keep me searching for the perfect fedora. Wonderful hat...

...and guitar.

E.T. - Aren't we all constantly looking for the perfect fedora? I'm glad that you like some of mine, but I have to say your Mallory (the one with the obscure color) is getting very close (to say the least). Absolutely wonderful hat! But still - keep searching for your holy grail! :D

As for the guitar: that's not the custom Heiner Dreizehnter model, it's my old (well, early 80's) and trusty Lowden L 27F from Ireland. They don't make 'em like that anymore (for some reason I have to think of Kinky Friedman here ;))!

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Mario said:
E.T. - Aren't we all constantly looking for the perfect fedora? I'm glad that you like some of mine, but I have to say your Mallory (the one with the obscure color) is getting very close (to say the least). Absolutely wonderful hat! But still - keep searching for your holy grail! :D

As for the guitar: that's not the custom Heiner Dreizehnter model, it's my old (well, early 80's) and trusty Lowden L 27F from Ireland. They don't make 'em like that anymore (for some reason I have to think of Kinky Friedman here ;))!

Yep that Mallory is a lesson in the things that happen by accident. I fished it out of the Bay for a mere $15 only because it was advertised as 'Gray' (I think that all up with postage Down Under it came to just a tad over US$30 - a bargain, but I still wouldn't have bought it if I'd known is was brown - ish!). Yes it was brown when I pulled it out of the box - but then it depends on how the light hits it. Yet there's something about that hat's sweatband that makes it the most comfortable hat in my collection. It makes you WANT to wear it. That damn Mallory seduces you - and it's now my go-to hat!

As for guitars - I posted a pic of my 1980 Maton Coolibah (Maton are Australia's premier luthier) on the guitar thread back in December. I've owned it since new and it's the most mellow guitar I've ever heard. I kinda like the leather pickguard too. They don't make the Coolibah anymore - or any other guitars like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo