Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
billyspew said:
Today (and the previous 2 days) wearing my Stetson Whippet... which I decided to keep after it went unsold in the Classifieds.

4311455240_25da89a914.jpg

I seem to remember weighing in on that thread, suggesting that this one was a real keeper. ;) Glad to see it worked out that way in the end, as that is one killer look on you. Fantastic. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

billyspew

One Too Many
jimmy the lid said:
I seem to remember weighing in on that thread, suggesting that this one was a real keeper. ;) Glad to see it worked out that way in the end, as that is one killer look on you. Fantastic. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

Yes, thanks to all who suggested I keep it. It did work out well as I can keep a diamond crease in this one and a centre dent in the virtually identical Adam.

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
jimmy the lid said:
Well done, Eph. I think that's a much better look, given that there's much less "squatting" going on. ;)

That being said, I would be mightily tempted to put a couple of points to the sides in the back to see whether a diamond crease would help diminish a bit of taper, while keeping the higher crown height...:)

Cheers,
JtL

Squatter sure is a strange name for a hat....or a person. "What do you do for a crust?" "I squat". Just doesn't seem right does it. Yet here in Australia back in the 19th Century we had what became known as the Squatocracy - a powerful band of land barons who paid nothing (squat diddly!) for their vast estates and were determined to hang on to their turf and the power it gave them.

A diamond crease eh? I'll have a look at it Jimmy.
Poor taper. We're always trying to rub it out. I guess Sinatra's 'angles are attitudes" line doesn't apply to taper.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Ephraim Tutt said:
Poor taper. We're always trying to rub it out.

Actually, I'm glad you said this, Eph. I am not in the "no taper at all costs" camp. In fact, I think a slight bit of taper often looks extremely good on particular lids. And, it's also a function of personal style. So, please don't get me wrong. :) I think your Squatter looks great as is. As advertised, though, it might be interesting to try out the diamond for comparison's sake. ;)

Cheers,
JtL

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Mario said:
Knox Premier (getting a lot of head-time ever since I got it).

knox_premier_01_28_10.jpg

Man, I love that hat. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

(And I am trusting that no tights of any kind were involved in the making of that photo...) :eek: :eek: :eek: lol

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
jimmy the lid said:
Actually, I'm glad you said this, Eph. I am not in the "no taper at all costs" camp. In fact, I think a slight bit of taper often looks extremely good on particular lids. And, it's also a function of personal style. So, please don't get me wrong. :) I think your Squatter looks great as is. As advertised, though, it might be interesting to try out the diamond for comparison's sake. ;)

Cheers,
JtL

No problem Jimmy. I never had you pegged as a taper nazi.
And I'll check out the diamond and compare the side taper.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:
Man, I love that hat. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

(And I am trusting that no tights of any kind were involved in the making of that photo...) :eek: :eek: :eek: lol

Aww...you know...it's freezing cold here in Berlin and so those long underpants come in pretty handy...do these count as tights? You can't seem them here but I could make a photo so you could judge for yourself... :eek: lol

Err...thanks anyway! :D

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Ephraim Tutt said:

lol lol lol That one got me laughing out hard the very moment I caught sight of it! :eusa_clap

Ephraim Tutt said:
Yes indeed Mario. Fantastic, classic look as always.

But turn around slowly....there's a crowd of Bottle People trying to sneak out the door! :eek:

Ah, them...well, yeah, that's a good thing, really.
I think I'll just look the other way and let them go. You know, they've been hanging around here ever since the last party... :p :D ;)

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Ephraim Tutt said:
And I'll check out the diamond and compare the side taper.

Oh, the irony. I recently cut out the diamond in my willo green Squatter in favor of a center dent. My verdict is that the Squatter is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner