Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
billyspew said:
Thanks rlk, might keep an eye out for one of those.
They seem fairly available and quite inexpensive as the style scares away many. Was a trendy hat in the 30's and again in the 50's(sort of like the back bow).

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Scott Wood said:
I agree in the fashion sense, wholeheartedly:eusa_clap , but if you are out in weather, on horseback or fixing fence in a blow, htat low profile snug down on that melon would be what you would need, thus the original design;)
(Change back from 2 cents)

Now tell us, Eph - what's the last time you was out on horseback fixing the fence on your ranch in the outback? :p :D

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
rlk said:
They seem fairly available and quite inexpensive as the style scares away many. Was a trendy hat in the 30's and again in the 50's(sort of like the back bow).

When sporting a "Semi-Robin Hood", is it also appropriate to be wearing "semi-tights"? :eek: :eek: :D :D

Mario

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:
When sporting a "Semi-Robin Hood", is it also appropriate to be wearing "semi-tights"? :eek: :eek: :D :D

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I really need to sedate myself...

15e_neue_revue.jpg

1_doppeltich.jpg

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ephraim Tutt said:
Thanks Billy and Mario,

I'm fairly sure this one'll get past Mr P's Brim Police.

The Brim Police Foreign Operations Unit has authorized me to commend you on your adherence to Texas hat standards with an amazing five claps! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
billyspew said:
Today (and the previous 2 days) wearing my Stetson Whippet... which I decided to keep after it went unsold in the Classifieds.

4311455240_25da89a914.jpg

Great looking Whippet Bill; great colors on the felt and ribbon.

Dreispitz

One Too Many
rlk said:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PERv30EEw7o&hl=de_DE&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PERv30EEw7o&hl=de_DE&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

!!! :eusa_clap

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
rlk said:
Looks good this way, but I think the telescope would also look good with a bit less swoop--a slightly flatter brim treatment. Have it both ways.

Now there's a thought, rlk. Traditionally the low crown, pork-pie bash does have a fairly flat brim. And that's the thing with good felt lids - you can have it both ways...or any way at all...with a bit of steam and imagination.

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Mario said:
Now tell us, Eph - what's the last time you was out on horseback fixing the fence on your ranch in the outback? :p :D

It's a big place that Outback - and contrary to the popular image, most Aussies live in cities on the coast. I did once hire an airplane and venture forth into the gulf country of Qld, stopped off in several places including the Purple Pub in Normanton (where I had the biggest and best barramundi in my life) and eventually ended up on Thursday Island off the tip of Cape York. The one thing you notice flying over that vast interior is that you have a hard time finding even one thing to notice. It's big and empty from horizon to horizon. They have ranches out there that are bigger than Texas. Then every now and then you look down and see a house all on its own. No trouble from noisy neighbours out there - unless you count the galahs.

But I have to confess - I fixed no fences.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Ephraim Tutt said:
So today, it looked like this:

SDC10510.jpg

Well done, Eph. I think that's a much better look, given that there's much less "squatting" going on. ;)

That being said, I would be mightily tempted to put a couple of points to the sides in the back to see whether a diamond crease would help diminish a bit of taper, while keeping the higher crown height...:)

Cheers,
JtL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner