Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big_e

Practically Family
Slim Portly said:
Dinner with a friend last night. Clearly I was intoxicated by my companion's loveliness. ;)

Dobbs Fifth Avenue shantung gambler.
IMG_0382-crop.jpg

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap I really like your style and sense of fashion!
Ernest

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Big_e said:
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap I really like your style and sense of fashion!
Ernest
Thank you, my friend. You are too kind.

Miss Carey, I keep laughing every time I look at this picture. I had a terrible weekend and I really appreciate you taking me out to cheer me up.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Yes, its funny in that the drink was only iced tea... You could use a good laugh and a smile right now. Anytime, my dear Sir. The pleasure was (almost) all mine;)

Slim Portly said:
Miss Carey, I keep laughing every time I look at this picture. I had a terrible weekend and I really appreciate you taking me out to cheer me up.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Perhaps it was not intoxication at all, maybe you were just getting somewhat impatient, and mildly frustrated about your companion's complete lack of competency with something as simple as taking a picture with your digital camera...

Slim Portly said:
Dinner with a friend last night. Clearly I was intoxicated by my companion's loveliness. ;)

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ephraim Tutt said:
There you go! Now, that hat is "you." That's the one I like best on you of all of those I've seen. The measure of "good" to me is that it's highly wearable out there anywhere, and it might induce copying on the part of others. That would be the true compliment. A hat where women look at it and say "I wish my Teddy would wear one of those!" And the men look and say, "darn, where did he buy that? And if I knew, would I have the nerve to wear it on the street? But if he can do it, maybe me too."

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
danofarlington said:
There you go! Now, that hat is "you." That's the one I like best on you of all of those I've seen. The measure of "good" to me is that it's highly wearable out there anywhere, and it might induce copying on the part of others. That would be the true compliment. A hat where women look at it and say "I wish my Teddy would wear one of those!" And the men look and say, "darn, where did he buy that? And if I knew, would I have the nerve to wear it on the street? But if he can do it, maybe me too."

Thanks so much Dano. That's very kind of you and I appreciate it. Interestingly, I had a couple of guys in the lift today say "Dude, you look like Dick Tracy! It's fantastic!"
It's always nice when blokes say something positive.

MartyH

New in Town
panama.jpg

Too warm for the tan wool gambler or the black Trilby, too casual for the brown fedora, too sunny for the straw Trilby or the straw fedora (not wide enough brim). I don't have a purple velvet top hat. Panama it is.

I... seem to have hats.

Brent Hutto

One of the Regulars
Borsalino "Astuccio"

IMAG0015.jpg

This is my new summer and/or travel hat, an Astuccio model specific to Bencraft Hats. The color is Steel Gray which as you can see picks up a faint blueish cast from outdoor light, it looks neutral gray indoors.

danofarlington

Ephraim Tutt said:
Thanks so much Dano. That's very kind of you and I appreciate it. Interestingly, I had a couple of guys in the lift today say "Dude, you look like Dick Tracy! It's fantastic!"
It's always nice when blokes say something positive.
Much cooler than Dick Tracy. I've gotten a Dick Tracy comment myself on a Panama hat I have with a not so wide brim, and your hat is better than that. (I didn't aspire to look like Dick Tracy.) But that hat--good color, wide brim, is cool. Also you matched it up well with the casual suit and shirt look and attitude. You've got the whole set of elements together there, and I only wish I had a hat like that one.

danofarlington

Brent Hutto said:
IMAG0015.jpg

This is my new summer and/or travel hat, an Astuccio model specific to Bencraft Hats. The color is Steel Gray which as you can see picks up a faint blueish cast from outdoor light, it looks neutral gray indoors.
You've got the attitude to wear that Borsalino. It's better when like you, you give something back to the hat. Then it works best.

danofarlington

MartyH said:
panama.jpg

Too warm for the tan wool gambler or the black Trilby, too casual for the brown fedora, too sunny for the straw Trilby or the straw fedora (not wide enough brim). I don't have a purple velvet top hat. Panama it is.

I... seem to have hats.
As one person of Swedish ancestry to another, I say, let's cool up those Swedes, like you're doing! I know FL has some Finnish members, but you guys can't leave the field to them! Which country between those two features more people with cool hats?

MartyH

New in Town
danofarlington said:
I know FL has some Finnish members, but you guys can't leave the field to them! Which country between those two features more people with cool hats?
The clothing chain H&M has been selling cheap "hats", US$10 or less for a good while now, and it's been a youth fashion item for some years. The indoctrination has worked well! Although I saw a kid in T-shirt and a frayed and battered bowler yesterday.

I'd picture a Finn in a red or olive hunting hat with earflaps, out in the forest drinking Koskenkorva or Minttu. Maybe, just maybe, an oilskin outback.

danofarlington

MartyH said:
The clothing chain H&M has been selling cheap "hats", US$10 or less for a good while now, and it's been a youth fashion item for some years. The indoctrination has worked well! Although I saw a kid in T-shirt and a frayed and battered bowler yesterday.

I'd picture a Finn in a red or olive hunting hat with earflaps, out in the forest drinking Koskenkorva or Minttu. Maybe, just maybe, an oilskin outback.
That's the spirit! I can't wait to hear what the Finns say now. Full disclosure is that I also have Finnish ancestry as the maiden name of my grandmother was "Ravinen." In Minnesota where I'm from there is quite an exchange of needling between those of Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish ancestry.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Im wearing my vintage 60's Resistol 990 Kitten finish. I gotta tell ya, the felt on this hat is just as soft as my 50's Borsalino. Upon further inspection, I cant find a seam on the brim. It looks like the seam was felted in on the top and the bottom, much like a Cavanagh edge.

DSC03220.jpg

jwalls

Vendor
Slim Portly said:

IMG_0382-crop.jpg
Ah, the Pleasures of living in Sin City. Very nice hat Slim. Bravo!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24