Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
handlebar bart said:
Thanks C-C.

Coincidently here is the little sucker doing his Douglas impersonation today in a tiny Champ that St. Ignatz kindly sent him. I really can't say enough good things about the FL hat junkies my family and I have come to know. Tom (St. Ignatz) is another one of those gems. Good luck finding such a diverse and wonderful group of people elsewhere. Thanks, Avi loves this hat.:eusa_clap
champ008.jpg

Lookin' fine!

BobC

jimmy the lid said:
Newly-arrived Bluegrass Green Campdraft -- Oz to Motown in one week!
CD-2.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

Looks good, Jimmy, though I have to say, it seems a little out of character seeing you wear a Campdraft. :D But you're right. It will make a great outdoor hat, and if you ruin it you can replace it easily unlike your vintage one of a kind beauties.

Spats McGee

One Too Many
djgo-cat-go said:
Beautiful hats gents! I'm wearing a Olivish-Grey Cavanagh today..
cav.jpg

Lots of great hats all around! In particular, djgo, I like the middle picture of you and the little one. If that's a digital pic, have you tried turning it into B&W or sepia? With the overalls and that hat, I think it could turn out really cool. It's got a look that could have been captured in a million different homes in the first half of the 20th century.

As for me, I had to change offices a few months ago, so I can't post pics of today's hat, and likely won't be able to for a while. But weather has cooled down a little, so I've been able to wear some felts again. A few days ago, I broke out the OR that had the naptha bath. You can still see the CC racing stripes, but everything else is looking better. Today, though, I went with the mid-gray Stylemaster.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
Looks good, Jimmy, though I have to say, it seems a little out of character seeing you wear a Campdraft. :D But you're right. It will make a great outdoor hat, and if you ruin it you can replace it easily unlike your vintage one of a kind beauties.

BobC -- good to see you here! :)

I went for this particular Campdraft because I love the look of a green thin-ribbon, and hats like that are few and far between. Actually, I loved the look of gtdean's willow green CD, so that inspired me. ;) And you're right, I can use this one as an outdoors lid and not worry about workin' up a sweat on a hike (which has been known to happen on occasion, right Rusty? :D).

Cheers,
JtL

RBH

Bartender
jimmy the lid said:
BobC -- good to see you here! :)

I went for this particular Campdraft because I love the look of a green thin-ribbon, and hats like that are few and far between. Actually, I loved the look of gtdean's willow green CD, so that inspired me. ;) And you're right, I can use this one as an outdoors lid and not worry about workin' up a sweat on a hike (which has been known to happen on occasion, right Rusty? :D).

Cheers,
JtL

Yep.. :D
That mean we gonna hike in Texas? lol

DOUGLAS

handlebar bart said:
Thanks C-C.

Coincidently here is the little sucker doing his Douglas impersonation today in a tiny Champ that St. Ignatz kindly sent him. I really can't say enough good things about the FL hat junkies my family and I have come to know. Tom (St. Ignatz) is another one of those gems. Good luck finding such a diverse and wonderful group of people elsewhere. Thanks, Avi loves this hat.:eusa_clap
champ008.jpg

Avi is a natural hat wearer:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
The Huckel and Cav are real stand-outs for me. Beautiful hats, guys.

Today was my first felt in a while. I wore my green Borso and my wife wore one of her panamas for an outing to the Seiberling Nature Realm.

At first, things seemed kind of sad. No one would smile.
DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0029-1.jpg

But then, we found that the weeping trees were actually forts,
DSC_0049-1.jpg

and the gazebos caves.
DSC_0042-1.jpg

By the end, everyone was happy.
DSC_0018-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads