Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccajackson

Familiar Face
handlebar bart said:
Thanks C-C.

Coincidently here is the little sucker doing his Douglas impersonation today in a tiny Champ that St. Ignatz kindly sent him. I really can't say enough good things about the FL hat junkies my family and I have come to know. Tom (St. Ignatz) is another one of those gems. Good luck finding such a diverse and wonderful group of people elsewhere. Thanks, Avi loves this hat.:eusa_clap
champ008.jpg

He is a natural in a hat! Are you starting to worry about sharing your collection when they start to fit him? ;)

C-C

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi, Is a dark colored Straw Hat hotter than a white / off white one? Those look really great, but I'm hesitant to get one. I walked around downtown StL wearing a white straw hat, which I sweat soaked. Sunny day, about 100 degrees F. Would it have been worse in that Brown Dobbs Milan?

Thanks

rlk

I'll Lock Up
1961MJS said:
Hi, Is a dark colored Straw Hat hotter than a white / off white one? Those look really great, but I'm hesitant to get one. I walked around downtown StL wearing a white straw hat, which I sweat soaked. Sunny day, about 100 degrees F. Would it have been worse in that Brown Dobbs Milan?

Thanks
If its a clear sunny day then the dark ones are hotter despite a bit of flow-through ventilation. I wouldn't wear Milans during excessively warm(85 + F) weather as they are weightier than some other straws too.

CitizenGenet

Familiar Face
Today was my first day as a TA, so I paired my new hat from B! Wear (and my only hat of note) with a corduroy/tie combination. This was in my dorm, hence the sterile white cinderblocking.

Snapshot_20100826.jpg

DarkAudit

New in Town
Nothing to shout about, it's just a $15 Target cheapie you see in my avatar, but I like it, and it's led me to where I find myself today: a new member of the forum and hot on the trail of some new threads and lids. I (hopefully) can say more in a few hours. ;)

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Nice, JtL.

I'm back around Cleveland for the next few days, so my wife and I stopped at Grand Pacific Junction, a cutesy area of Olmsted Falls. I'm in my 7xClear Beaver OR and my hatless wife is just lucky to be pictured. :D

DSC_0007-3.jpg

DSC_0011-1.jpg

The barber shop looked pretty cool, and when I looked in, I recognized Tom (Tomasso), the man who gave me my first real haircut. He's been with this relatively new shop for around 6 years, but brought the horse I sat on around 30 years ago. It's 40 years old, has had many coats of paint, and has brought happiness to countless kids of several generations in the area.

Tom said he's on his 50th year of cutting hair, with no intention of quitting. In his still incredibly heavy accent, he asked me what he's always asked me, "how's you mommy and daddy doing?"

Haricuts are still $12, Clubman is all over the counters, and if you're afraid of a straight razor, there's no need to visit. The place smells of my childhood.

We hung around for about a half hour and talked to Tom, Rainer (who was new to me, but as good as any standup comic I've heard), and the really old guy who just hangs around for the company.

DSC_0002-2.jpg

Then we hiked around the nearby park,
DSC_0028-3.jpg

which has also been around for a long time,
DSC_0047-1.jpg

It's a great day. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member