Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Great looking Mojave VS. Today is sunny in Orlando and I'm starting out with the Cuenca Rio Plata
714702fe.jpg

6e120604.jpg

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Great looking hat, Rodkins! I'm envious of your weather - it's 48 degrees in Boston, so my Cuenca Rio remains on the shelf.

Cheers!
C-C
Thanks. I'll probably transition to fur felt this afternoon - but it is nice to still be able to get out the straws.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Was going to wear my newest Semi-Calado Montecristi but it's pouring rain....

.... this morning so will don my trusty Bushman for my "Honey Do's" today till the sun comes out :) (here's a newer pic from DM that shows the color of the Bushman much, much better and mine is creased very similar)

1606_lg61.jpg

It's my go anywhere, do anything hat for sure :)

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Even though I did wear and post this old Mallory Nokabout earlier in the week, I'm nokabouting again today. Gotta go get a computer repaired ... ;)

1c5cb8b5-1.jpg

Sam Craig

One Too Many
All the western hat wearers at Major Moores place this weekend, liked my Campdraft. But most all commented the brim is much to short.
I do not think the Campdraft is any more western than my Federation is.

I agree, but then I am always amazed at what non-hatters think is "western"
I have frequently been greeted in a supermarket with a child saying Look, a Cowboy! when I'm wearing a dress hat

Maybe it's me ... I'd like to think it's the rugged Westerner aura that I project ... but I'm more inclined to believe it's because people ... kids and adults ... routinely don't know what to make of anyone who wears a hat

Kids just verbalize it more readily

Sam

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I hear ya'. Way back when I was wearing my brown FedIV, I was called a "cowboy" by some kid who I guess was too young to know about Dr. Jones lol.

Being the good sport that I am, I tipped my hat to him and his mother and replied "Howdy pard'ner!" Big smile across both their faces, although his mother rolled her eyes (not sarcastically, but more as a "Thanks for playing along" kind of gesture). All in all, it was quite amusing.

Jabos

A-List Customer
Bart, that is just a great all around look. If I had any doubts about getting a black cherry you have dispelled them.

Torpedo

One Too Many
Bart, Dguy, those are great hats and great outfits, each in its own way. :eusa_clap
Coble, that hat has turned out a gorgeous lid!
JLee, yours is a nice example of integrating the hat in modern casual outfits.
TheGood, looking sharp in a more classic casual combo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR