Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torpedo

One Too Many
Today, a Stetson "Twenty" with a 20s-30s style crease. This style looks really well in side angles, and progressively worse (in my opinion) as you move to the frontal shots.

DSC00721.jpg

DSC00711.jpg

Regards!

theinterchange

One Too Many
Thing is, WE know better, but most people simply have no knowledge of hats. I was showing my mail carrier the first Campdraft he delivered that was nearly damaged in transit, upon seeing the open crown, he thought it was a derby. I then explained to his fascination that I hand shape hats to my liking. This is the same bloke who told me I'm rocking the Indiana Jones look while wearing a green hat. hehe

Randy

Bebop

Practically Family
Thing is, WE know better, but most people simply have no knowledge of hats. I was showing my mail carrier the first Campdraft he delivered that was nearly damaged in transit, upon seeing the open crown, he thought it was a derby. I then explained to his fascination that I hand shape hats to my liking. This is the same bloke who told me I'm rocking the Indiana Jones look while wearing a green hat. hehe

Randy

I know what you mean. It seems that people that are not into hats categorize them into 3-4 pigeon holes: It's either an Indiana Jones hat, a gangster (or hip-hop) hat, a ball cap, or a cowboy hat. To them there is nothing in between.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Very Nice!. Borsalino did(and still does) make a fine variety of caps, as long as you don't pay the standard retail prices.

Daze

New in Town
No pictures 8( but am wearing a 1960's Austin Reed Gray Felt Trilby,

( am British so have more luck with British hats , My current desire is the hat in my Avatar pic , I have a costume ahat and the feathers, just NFC how to ut 'em together :p )

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
There is a saying, When in Britain do as the Brits do. Or something to that effect. Welcome aboard Daze! ;)

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
Today's hat is a late Byer-Rolnick period Resistol OR clone, silver belly. I think I need to reduce the crown a bit, it's a mite too high even by my standard:

5105004379_e4a06d986c.jpg

5105597650_d2bba2ef43.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats