Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyspew

One Too Many
Yesterday, Adam Marston (in Cloud)
5226481904_c8dcc85ccc.jpg

Today Bluegrass Green Campdraft
5225886369_a688dfff35.jpg

Torpedo

One Too Many
With the coming of colder weather, I sported this heavyweight 40's cap. I paired it with a vintage-style leather jacket (Wested Raiders) and one of my Native-American woven ties, which happen to go very well with this kind of outfits.

P1010281.jpg

MarkD

One of the Regulars
With the coming of colder weather, I sported this heavyweight 40's cap. I paired it with a vintage-style leather jacket (Wested Raiders) and one of my Native-American woven ties, which happen to go very well with this kind of outfits.

P1010281.jpg

Nice!

Snow day today... wore my Lee blue label with an optimistic upturned brim. I've had this hat for maybe 20 years, but just got around to stretching from a painful 6 7/8 to a 7-7 1/8 snug fit. It's a nice match for the interior of my mini cooper.

lee.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
...stretching from a painful 6 7/8 to a 7-7 1/8 snug fit.

lee.jpg

That hat looks TREMENDOUS! The upturned brim works perfectly on you.

I find that to really stretch a hat to a size or two larger requires water and Lexol. I carefully moisten the leather sweatband with the Lexol on the smooth surface and use some H20 on the absorbent back. I place some plastic strips I have inside, behind the leather to keep it separate from the felt until later when all is dry. Then I wet where the crown and brim meet, completely dampening the grosgrain ribbon and bow. You see, the ribbon fights your stretching efforts, but when wet it gives and then dries in its new position. So, I carefully crank in a hat jack and let the whole thing dry overnight. Repeat if necessary. WARNING: Sweatbands (especially old ones) will only take so much, so it's entirely possible that this treatment could rip it. But when it works out properly, the hat loses it's 'memory' and doesn't tend to shrink down as much between wearings. Takes that "snug" part out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot