Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mallory Ten

Lookin' great fellas, one & all.

DSC05824.jpg

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Today, Stetson Humphrey, made for Miller Hats.

Sphinxmoth005.jpg

Yesterday, Max and Grandpa. He's in a Malrov, purchased for him from rlk. I'm in my Dobbs Havover Square.

Sphinxmoth001.jpg

Dan'l

Practically Family
It was certainly a successful style for Stetson - it was featured in some form by almost all the other major brands too. A black sweatband (if original) would probably indicate a more recent (seventies or later) hat and a liner was most likely present at birth. Pictures of the sweatband logo imprint can help to confirm. The proportions, flat brim and fit all look very good on you. A great find... enjoy it!

Ok, here goes. I still had trouble getting the logo in focus but hopefully it's enough for you pros to get a better idea.
P4040003.jpg

P4040001.jpg

I saw a hatjack at an antique store in the next town over from me and need to go back and buy it for this hat.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Same hat as yesterday, re-creased HatCo new model Stratoliner...
Photo-0091.jpg

You did wonders with that crown, Deputy!! The crown really does look much higher and more natural now that you re-creased it. How low did you have to go in the back to raise the front? Great job. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up

That Stetson Humphrey looks great on you, Wade. The picture of you and your grandson is just the best. He's going to be a hat wearer for sure, he's already wearing it in style! That Havover Square is by far one of my favorites in your collection. Great pictures!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
That is a super hat, Josh! Look forward to seeing the detailed photos.
Awesome pickup Josh. Looks clean and shapely!
Josh - I'd love to see an outdoor shot of that hat. It looks great.
Super find Josh, and good work on it too. Very nice!
+1... it looks, dare I say, almost whippetish, in the best way.

THANK YOU Gentlemen for all your kind words!!!! Im going to try and get some outdoor shots of this hat real soon because the color changes so much. The light blue binding always reminds me of summer for some reason, so I guess this summer Im going to mix in some felts and straws into my rotation. The first time that I popped out the crown and re-steamed it, I thought it looked a lot like a Whippet. Good call, Alan. I have to honestly say that even though Adam is thought to be a mid-grade manufacture, this hat is just as high quality in feel, finish, and trimmings than many of the vintage Stetsons and Dobbs that I own. Thanks again, everyone.

Edward

Bartender
Today I am wearing my Stetson Burney newsboy. Brown leather, I believe hogskin. Goes really well with my Aero 30s Halfbelt in brown FQHH. I would love to have the same hat in black, but unfortunately the black one isn't the same distressed, "sueded" finish, but a shiny, smooth version which looks rather too fetish for my tastes.

You did wonders with that crown, Deputy!! The crown really does look much higher and more natural now that you re-creased it. How low did you have to go in the back to raise the front? Great job. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Thanks Josh. The back is just over 3 3/4" almost the same as I did on that Roadmaster that I re-creased.
When I took it to open crown using my hatshaper, it measured just at 5 1/4".
I am thinking seriously of sending the new one off to a hatter to see if he can re-block & re-flange to get to a 5 1/2" open crown.
That one measures between 2 5/8" & 2 3/4" for the brim, so I could end up with a brim close to 2 1/2".

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Borsalino Colombo XX

5592627500_7c9cca5b93_z.jpg

Newly arrived but not new to the F'Lounge. Some sun today so the color is actually quite accurate for a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk