Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Felt it was a straw day to on this bright (as you can see from squinting!) sunny day
Adam Panama

That's another nice looking lid, Billy. I wore this Penney's Marathon on a grocery run last night...sorry about the bad t-shirt combo.
IMG_0661.jpg

Dreispitz

One Too Many
Steve and me cruising around the former kingdom of Bavaria in search of the holy grail, donning a Habig and a Borsalino

P1020337.jpg

Last edited:

fmw

One Too Many
I took the morning off and went to the flying field. It was cold and windy. On my noggin' was my Akubra Flinders.

flindersnoggin.jpg

Let's Motor

Sunny... warmer... I got lost on the way to work today and walked in our Frederick Law Olmsted designed Delaware Park. I wore my Stetson Motor, which fits nicely again after a haircut.

lets_motor.jpg

Hoyt Lake

lake.jpg

our Greek temple of fine art - the Albright-Knox

albright.jpg

we have a 19th century cast of this classic:

motor_david.jpg

david.jpg

motor2.jpg

the Motor... well worn, but a proud old hat:

motor.jpg

Got my daughter a new camera, so she gave me back my old Nikon D1x... 5 pounds and 5 megapixels, a little hard to remember how to use it.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
That's a great hat on you, Good. What is she.

I believe that's his Akubra FedIV.

FMW, is that really a Flinders? If so, then they've significantly changed the design...

Yep, that's a Fed IV! I wore that same hat today too.

p.s. OK, I'll stop it with the size 2 text. After reading yours, and another member's post, it's got to my attention that for some, it's harder to read like that. For me, it's easier than the large text I see right now on everybody's, though.

fmw

One Too Many
I believe that's his Akubra FedIV.

FMW, is that really a Flinders? If so, then they've significantly changed the design...

It has Flinders emblazoned on the sweat band. This one was made for Outback Trading and sold through JJ Hats in New York. The flinders in Australia is a black telescope crowned affair. I assume Outback ordered these up and they were made from Flinders bodies but dyed and blocked to the customer's specs. There might be a better name for it but I just call what is written on the sweat band.

flinders.jpg

flindersinterior1.jpg

flindersinterior2.jpg

flindersinterior3.jpg

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Huh...that's not the only Akubra model made for Outback Trading that looks completely different from its brethren. I recall Mobile Vulgus' Akubra Pastoralist being a similar scenario. Anyway, thanks for the info! Looks good on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk