Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Echter Borsalino Homburg

5728420669_fbbd9314df_b.jpg

My car got towed in Baltimore so black was fitting.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Caxton Beaver Twenty

Bummer about your car, Steve, but your Echter Borsalino Homburg looks smashing!

I wore my Caxton Beaver Twenty this afternoon after getting home from work.

Hat details and additional photos in the Caxton Cafe.

ejbhats

A-List Customer
Rusty: Excellent set of photos. They give those of us not fortunate enough to be able to be there in person(at least not yet) the opportunity to experience the visit vicariously!

Eric, a wonderful photo, well worth your effort and...priceless! It was a glorious Spring day, was it not? You look great with your both of your "dogs"! lol

I think us upper Midwest folks should get together and start our own thread and trading situation! Think of the postage saved!!

The following pic is me this am preparing my list of to do items for the the day. These low 30's nights are becoming a drag! However, I chose to start the day with my blue GP. it was perfect for a cool morning!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Love the look of that Caxton, Al. Don't see many of those.

I have my Tumwater today. Everytime I wear this I'm reminded how much I like the style that TonyB makes.

smugshot7116628.jpg

Hmm, the nose thing seems to be broken on my $10 glasses as well!

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Fantastic GP, Eric, and excellent choice for the chilly morning.

I would second a move to organize an upper Midwest fedora gathering.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, David! At 6" creased the Caxton is my tallest crown yet, and approaching the height of your pinnacles!

I really like that Tumwater on you. Always looks great.

juup

New in Town
Vintage olive Chesterton suit i picked up in Boston at a thrift store and my panama. Goin to pick up L.A. Noir from my local Game stop in style...

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Love the look of that Caxton, Al. Don't see many of those.

I have my Tumwater today. Everytime I wear this I'm reminded how much I like the style that TonyB makes.

smugshot7116628.jpg

Hmm, the nose thing seems to be broken on my $10 glasses as well!

Now, THATS a crown!! Love those tall crowns, David! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
I wore my Caxton Beaver Twenty this afternoon after getting home from work.

That is such a BEAUTIFUL Caxton, delectans. I was watching the ebay auction even though it wasnt my size. I just thought that it was an outstanding hat. I see that you kept the same crease as the original owner. I like that crease a lot. It accentuates the tall crown without making it seem like a top hat. Just awesome!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

AXL DEMOCRACY

One of the Regulars
It's pissing rain here in NYC, but I am grabbing an umbrella and not letting it get in the way of wearing my blue/grey Stetson Stratoliner for the first time. This hat needs some fresh air. I'll try my best to keep it dry.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
That is such a BEAUTIFUL Caxton, delectans. I was watching the ebay auction even though it wasnt my size. I just thought that it was an outstanding hat. I see that you kept the same crease as the original owner. I like that crease a lot. It accentuates the tall crown without making it seem like a top hat. Just awesome!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Thank you for the kind feedback, Josh, I appreciate it!

The hat appears not to have been worn much, if at all, and I feel the crease may have been period applied, so that is one of the reasons I left it as is. I also rather like it, and think it suits the size and shape of the crown very well!

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Great looking hat, Perry! It seems you have an inexhaustible supply of hats, especially those TARs! lol

Thanks again for your kind words!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, David! At 6" creased the Caxton is my tallest crown yet, and approaching the height of your pinnacles!

I really like that Tumwater on you. Always looks great.

Now, THATS a crown!! Love those tall crowns, David! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Dapper Tumwater, Dave.

Thank you guys, much appreciated.

Al, I think you have me beaten with your crown today! With the wide brim, the Caxton hat is nicely balanced too.

Josh, I really like the hats that Tony makes with the tall straight crowns.

Hatophile, thanks - I think your New England Hat Co is the first I've seen. Nice looking hat too!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran