Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T Rick

Practically Family
Dinerman, I love that color and style of hat. I also love the shoes. You like the older styles like me it seems. I love wing tips.
A quick look, I'm thinkin' those aren't older "style", looks like genuine vintage shoes to me. Confirmation?

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
Thank you for the comments guys. Job I wish I knew more about the Stagecoach Resistol Western line. This make my second one. I have a straw that I picked up to replace one I had in High School and College. The felt has a great finish. The Hat over all is on the light side considering its size. Hatophile, I saw the over the top ribbon work and the feather and said I have to have this. I makes me want to listen to some Jerry Reed.

Jeff

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Last night I went to an outdoors Master Masons Degree at a local farm. The Lodge calls it the Annual Farm Degree. I was thinking I wish the Resistol that I won on ebay was here because it would be great to wear to the Degree. Well as I was getting ready the mailman came and low and behold he had the hat. How cool? I am just a sucker for the late 70's early 80's western look as some of you may remember. Maybe it allows me to harken back to my younger days. Any way here it is.
2011-10-15_15-54-47_851.jpg

It has that real 80's redneck Pimp look, don't you think. I love it

Jeff

WOW I saw that hat and thought I was in a time warp! The last time I saw one like that was the last (and only) time I was in Gilley's down in Houston in the early 80s :) A person would not dare to wear one like that down here these days!! Looks like a nice piece of felt, just not the style of western for me :)

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
That's great D-man! nice ensemble.

Today, on the way to a matinee of classical chamber music composed by all Jewish composers (Copland, Reich, Haas, Martinu), with my black- rainbowed- heather Stevens hat.

0032copyh.jpg

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Impressively attired and hatted for the concert, Jeff, that Stevens looks great on you. Sounds like an interesting program you were playing as well.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Jeff, you rock that stingy.

Mike, was the game really THAT painful?

Zetwal, what a dapper and pristine Bantam. I am envious.

Today I'm under a Stetson Royal Deluxe I scored from Alex:

DSCF1412.jpg

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Weekend Lids

Took the afternoon off on Friday so we could make the drive down to the Wisconsin Dells for the event that Ryan had been looking forward to for months: the NFLCC meet & show.

In the thick of the room to room action at the Ho-Chunk Resort Friday night. My go to felt these days: Optimo Silverbelly.

Late Friday evening, back in our room and admiring one of Ryan's prized acquisitions from the night: 1930s wooden Creek Chub Bait Company #200 Baby Wiggler painted by "Toad" van Houton.

Taking a break from the show Saturday morning and enjoying the view from the balcony of our room.

Keeping my head down in the blustery weather. Fierce winds lashed the upper Midwest all weekend.

Dappled sunlight on the doors of the nearly century old United Church Of Christ in the historic St. Anthony Park neighborhood of St. Paul. Sunday afternoon. Mallory Twelve Fifty.

The wonderful old church is a great venue for the Music In The Park Series of the Schubert Club. We were there to see one of our favorite chamber music ensembles, the fabulous St. Lawrence String Quartet.

Taking advantage of the waning light for a few final outdoor pictures during intermission.

Last edited:

mattface

Practically Family
I ran home at lunch to retrieve my new ebay score Knox Premier from the mailbox. I pulled it out of the box, hit it with a horsehair brush and my handy dandy new steam wand, then ran back to work. WOW, this is a big beautiful hat! Brim is 2 3/4", crown is almost 5" with a teardrop crease in it. It's a 7 1/8 long oval, but it's a big 7 1/8, it's almost too big on me, I might even need to put a bit of felt behind the band.

New Knox Premier by mattface, on Flickr

More pics will be posted in the New hats thread when I get a chance to take some.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
I ran home at lunch to retrieve my new ebay score Knox Premier from the mailbox. I pulled it out of the box, hit it with a horsehair brush and my handy dandy new steam wand, then ran back to work. WOW, this is a big beautiful hat! Brim is 2 3/4", crown is almost 5" with a teardrop crease in it. It's a 7 1/8 long oval, but it's a big 7 1/8, it's almost too big on me, I might even need to put a bit of felt behind the band.

More pics will be posted in the New hats thread when I get a chance to take some.
That's a great looking lid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran