Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It needed to get out & about before it gets too hot around here....
Stetson 100, 3 in brim
Photo-0138.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
David: Cooled down here as well. Looks like our little March fling with straw is over. Great looking Whippet you are sporting this morning. That Bluegrass color is both beautiful and versatile, and exhibits a very dynamic, chameleon-like quality.
David, Good looking Whippet, such a classic looking hat.
David, wow, great your Whippet. I really like it.

Thanks, AL, BR and Manfred - I always enjoy wearing this Whippet. They might not be the highest quality hats of all time, but I think Stetson got it spot on with the styling!

Eric - nice Whippet for you today. It was windy out here too today. I had to go to a meeting over in Maine and ended up leaving my hat in the car because I didn't want to lose it.

Hatto - must be a Whippet kind of day, nice colours for yours.

Brando - love the VS!

Brando11

A-List Customer
Whippet good, gents! Alan, there's a disturbance on the Loch- ( I don't know what that means. Something about that cap reminds me of Scotland.)

-Brando

Rats Riley

A-List Customer
So how about some Afield shots of the beautiful moon/planets conjunction in the western sky? Would love to see it from your neighborhood. Here is the view from outside my front door last night, with Jupiter, Venus and the crescent moon trying to compete with the streetlights.

conjunction.jpg

There won't be a conjunction this nice again for a couple of decades. Tonight the moon will slide up cozy to Venus. Put your camera on a tripod or hold steady against some sort of support. Shoot while the sky still has color shortly after sunset. Use a low ISO setting to subdue the noise and if you can, adjust the shutter - maybe f4, to keep the nearby hat wearers or scenery in focus as a silhouette. An exposure from 1 - 3 seconds is probably long enough to catch the light and short enough to keep the heavenly bodies from blurring as they set.

Look forward to seeing yours!
I saw that last night only I didn't have my camera... I originally just caught sight of of the under-crescent moon.

Very sharp!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Nice ones, Steve, and the hat looks awesome. and uber-fuzzy.

Alan-- thank you for sharing such wonderful shots of that sky! Those planets have been distracting me every time I go outside at night-- can't stay focused on the ground!

Brando11

A-List Customer
Missed that Stetson 100 earlier- Great looking hat Gtrdean. That's quite a crease on it as well, very attractive treatment-

-Brando

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Spencer, really good looking Cap.

Perry, great your Whippet. Yesterday was Whippet Day.

gtdean, super Stetson 100. Looks really good.

Alan, nice photo. Really cool how you wear your fuzzy cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24