Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BR Gordon

One Too Many
B.J. and daizawaguy, Good looking hats to start the day.

B.J., I don't see the bulbous sides you're speaking about. I think the hats looks really good.

BR

cybergentleman

A-List Customer
looks good. bulbous from the sides? from the front view it looks good. the side view is also good. the issue I have with the diamond bash is that it sometimes pushes down the side and creates what looks like a squashed hat to me. IMO.

otherwise i like it. were you able to get similar dimensions with a simple center dent?

Thanks. It’s a diamond bash. I’ve been really hit and miss with the camera lately and these weren’t very good. Planning to reshoot and post in the fed thread eventually. I’ve been worried about it being too bulbous on the sides. I like the look when I’m holding it, but I’m not sure from the photos.

TrimmedFed.jpg
3b.jpg
2b.jpg
1b.jpg

jbucklin

Practically Family
I bashed my very first Fed IV with a diamond crease and wish I had been better informed, with more experience. I have since purchased three more Feds which have gotten the center-dent crease. They look much better that way. Sad thing is, I can't seem to get my first one to conform to the center-dent since the original diamond crease is rather permanent. And yes, I think anything but the cender-dent looks a bit squatty.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
I bashed my very first Fed IV with a diamond crease and wish I had been better informed, with more experience. I have since purchased three more Feds which have gotten the center-dent crease. They look much better that way. Sad thing is, I can't seem to get my first one to conform to the center-dent since the original diamond crease is rather permanent. And yes, I think anything but the cender-dent looks a bit squatty.

Wet block.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Nice hats so far today, guys.

I agree with Jason that the Fed IVs always seem to look best with a center crease. Then again pretty much all my hats have that crease so I might be just a little biased :D

Out and about earlier this morning with my Garrision Raiders. No need to ask what crease!

smugshot5715740-L.jpg

BR Gordon

One Too Many
The Balmoral bonnet is not something that I wear often, but last evening we were celebrating national tartan day.

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Very nice ... :yo:

Thanks, z! :yo:

I like the Optimo Silverbelly. With these custom-made hats, you get more variety in the mix instead of just a few cookie-cutter standard hats.

Thanks, Dan, and it is great to see you posting again!

Al-- Hats just look so at home with the lake and Chicago skyline in the background . I always enjoy that silverbelly Optimo. Great shots!

After lengthening and deepening the dents, and swooping the brim more, I decided on my Dobbs Americana lord's hat for a walk with my son and my dog this morning.

I'm trying to make sure I can still pull off the lord's hat without any beard or hair. ;)

Really appreciate your kind words, Jeff? Almost did not recognize you for a split second! :eeek: I love your Dobbs Americana, a fine, fine looking lid!

Today, weather for my Penman. I really love this hat.

Beautiful hat and photo! :eusa_clap

Al, great photos, great City, a great smiling Al, with great Optimo. I love your trips and photo sets.

Thank you, my friend! Will work on posting more photos from Chicago to Fedoras Afield next week.

Sun Shining day before Easter I am wearing my new black Sheep hat....

Brilliant! Your Black Sheep looks fabulous, Ordinary Guy.

The wife and I went out the other night to a fundraiser cross dressing dinner party. It was a very fun event! I wore the modern stetson whippet. Unsure if I quite enjoy the dimensions of this hat yet, I go back and forth, but it was the hat of choice today.

Scary and sweet photos, in that order. The Whippet seems right at home in both.

Some great photos posted yesterday and today. I am racing around trying to prepare for a road trip Monday... came in to the office to form the mountains of stuff on my desk into neat piles so I feel like everything is under control. :eeek:

happy easter, happy pesach!

Likewise, Alan, and safe travels! Enjoy your road trip with Lily :car:

Today was the 2 1/4” brim brown Fed. It rained all day; I was excited to get the crown and brim shaped up nicely, but of course it didn’t rain when I was outside. Might break down and just soak it myself, but thought the natural approach might lead to a more organic shape.

Looking good, B.J.! That brim sure looks wider than 2-1/4".

My VS amongst the Cherry blossoms

Wonderful still life, D'Guy!

Out and about earlier this morning with my Garrision Raiders. No need to ask what crease!

That Raiders is one sharp looking lid, David. What kind of crease are you using?

The Balmoral bonnet is not something that I wear often, but last evening we were celebrating national tartan day.

Lovely, B.R.!

Whew, I think I covered everyone!:eusa_doh:

clossonrr

New in Town
bj hedberg love how you wear that fed with the stingy brim

alanfgag you definitely have everything under control in that topper of yours.

and lastly to "al" those shops of chicago are outstanding!

Today I will sit here admiring your collections of hats! still in my modern whippet.

passing time, why do hats always look sweeter from the side :)
005.jpg

TipTop

Practically Family
In my Easter Bonnet, with all the FUR upon it.

Well both of my mislabeled Borsos arrived yesterday. The chianti one fits, the tan one is too big. They brushed off beautifully and are incredibly soft and luxurious; the sheen on the fur is magnificent. Both have buttoned wind-trolleys. Inside the very soft sweat on the tan one is the original price tag (80s I'd guess) of $225. That would seem to be the equivalent of their top of the line models today, no?

Not sure about the brim and crown up/down/bash, but here it is for your suggestions. And a new band.

15499872-md.jpg

15499873-lg.jpg

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Happy Eastern Guys.

Wonderful Hats today.

David´s Garrison, B.R´s Balmoral with traditional kilt.( looks great ), clossonrr´s Hat, Ray´s new Borsalinos. My Congrats Ray.

Al, fantastic photos as always. Wow, great Hats from Graham, I wish I lived in the US.
Looks, you have a new Panama?. Can I congratulate.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Looking disappointed yet well-appointed, Manfred! Keep up the search. I like to think that with each failure to find a score, I build my reserves of luck for the next time!

Al, your choice from Graham is as superb as your photos.

Ray, WOW! ZOWIE! Holy CRANBERRIES! That is one sanguine lid.

Clossonrr, well-posed with Norma as an admirer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy