Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gqmagic

One of the Regulars
Dove VS
a2cc7f08.jpg

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Nice bevy of hats once again, folks.

Coble, I like that Homburg-with-dents look for the Sunbody.

Jeff, Mr. Belushi had nothing on you. I bet you can even do a series of handsprings like him! :)

Bond, if you're really compelled to change the ribbon, I think a deep blue might look sharp.

GQ, after 12.5 inches of March rain, I wish I were back in LA. VS looks great!

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Holy word, the crease on that Optimo optimo is fantastic! is it now part of your wardrobe, Al?

lol Not quite yet, my friend! Will see Tiffani and Graham again tomorrow Southside...

Nothing tips a top better than great light and cordiality; you do both so well. Thx for the views.

Awful kind of you, Ray, thank you!

Al, fine photos as always and Wonderful Hats in your collection. Lydia makes the photos?
If she did it, she is great and really talented.

Thanks, Manfred! Indeed, Lydia snapped the first two photos, but Ryan took the picture in the alley. They are both pretty handy with camera and lens, and I am most fortunate that they put up with me constantly looking for "the shot".

Delectan, your pictures are painting worthy, great style today.

My humble thanks for your kind words! Love your 'stache, and what you did with your lid. Very planter-esque! :yo:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Great shots, Al! Enjoy Chicago (I know you are, and will continue)! And I have to agree with Ale and others, that classic Optimo crease is like none I've seen before. Awesome.

Old Rogue

Practically Family
Took a trip to the NC Zoo today. Temps were in the high 50's to low 60's, perfect day for my Jaxon Bogart and LL Bean leather jacket. That's Mrs. Rogue and my number 3 daughter with me.

2012-04-06_14-46-36_317.jpg

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Jeff, very nice Stetson today. I like the shape of that.

Jakob, nice creation, looks a little bit like a Homburger.

Steve, wonderful old Borsalino. Looks really good on you.

Bond, great Hat. It fits you great.

gqmagic, very nice VS. Wonderful color!

David, wonderful ArtLite. Looks great.

Old Rogue, very nice shot. I hope you enjoyed your trip.

coble

A-List Customer
you are very much correct, its definately a homburg, but instead of a center dent in the crown its a diamond, other then that yes very much a homburg. Thanks for your kind words gents. Delectans thanks for the compliment on the stache, i'm actually growing it out, plan on removing the goatee part soon.

Old Rogue, looking great here with your family, hope you had a wonderful time. I'm heading to the zoo tomorrow, we have an awesome african exhibit here that opened up a while back.

DJH i always like the photos you post, looking good, hope you had a great night.

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab
A few photos from Friday in Chicago:

Waiting to cross Lakeshore Drive. Optimo Silverbelly.

DuSable Harbor.

View of Chicago from the campus of Northwestern University in Evanston. Alan's lovely daughter Sophie gave us an extensive,personal tour of campus. Thank you, Sophie!

TipTop

Practically Family
Thanks so much, BR! I looked for this suit for about a year and about 5 or so months ago I found it on ebay. Its not an old suit, probably no more than 10 or 15 years old, but the cut was everything that I wanted in a suit. Today its so hard to find certain cuts when buying a brand new suit, unless its custom made. I just always keep an eye out on ebay for something else to pop up. My next 3 piece suit purchase will hopefully be black with white pinstripes or chalk stripes.

Wow, that's quite a research and find record. I would have thought you had it made for you by the way you described its cut etc. Congrats; I doubt that I could set a style standard and then look for it online. You obviously have a good eye for tailoring detail, and of course, it's topped off with yet another fine detail. I'd really like to see you standing, head to toe. Thx for candidly posting and revealing your research success!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters