Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
My new arrival, Chapouax Moderne Royal Beaver Twenty in dark brown.

wear55.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
The hat looks good on you, Manfred.

Mike, great S25

I've gone with a black creation by Sir Arthur for Fawcett Friday

smugshot6048335-L.jpg

TipTop

Practically Family
Morning guys, Im sporting my newly rehabbed Churchill/Ritch Rand Galletin.

It came back on the large side, so I talked with Luke at Rand's yesterday for options. One he suggested, which I wanted to see if anyone here had tried was to use "packing tape", about 1 3/4 inches wide, cut in 3-4 inch lengths, then folded in half lengthwise. Pull out the sweat and attach one sticky side to the band along your temples/in front of ears with the V-fold pointing to the stitching. When the sweat band is turned back inside the crown, the other half-width of tape will grip the liner. This fold will create an "air space" between the sweat and the liner.

The only down side to this he mentioned was that it can be "messy when pulled out", especially if the liner is glued. He seemed to favor this flexible air space over foams or felts. He did not mention what type of tape other than "packing". Because the goal is some springy effect, I'd assume one would use something with more body to it than Scotch packing tape.

Any thoughts or variations on this one? I haven't attempted it yet and am using the strip of packing foam sheet method I posted last week.

15485232-md.jpg

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
John, Mike, David and Perry, thank you very much, for the kind words about my stingy Beaver Twenty. I really appreciate them.

Mike, very nice 25er Stetson. Looks good on you.

David, Sir Arthur is a fine name for a Hat and he looks very good on Fawcett Friday. :D

Perry, great looking Stetson for Friday.

TipTop

Practically Family
Yes Manfred, I am aware of various inserts, but I had not heard of this folded-tape method and wanted to hear others' reaction. Thx.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Beautiful hats this Friday morning worn with panache by all, Gentlemen! :yo:

We are in Chicago during Ryan's Spring Break. A few snaps from Thursday:

Doffing my hat in the sanctuary of the Holy Name Cathedral. 1930's Dobbs Heather, one of my favorite lids.

Visiting with Graham at his new downtown digs in the historic Monadnock Building on S. Dearborn.

Alley off W. Monroe St. with beautiful, diffused light.

TipTop

Practically Family
Beautiful hats this Friday morning worn with panache by all, Gentlemen! :yo:

We are in Chicago during Ryan's Spring Break. A few snaps from Thursday:

Doffing my hat in the sanctuary of the Holy Name Cathedral. 1930's Dobbs Heather, one of my favorite lids.

Visiting with Graham at his new downtown digs in the historic Monadnock Building on S. Dearborn.

Alley off W. Monroe St. with beautiful, diffused light.

Nothing tips a top better than great light and cordiality; you do both so well. Thx for the views.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Yes Manfred, I am aware of various inserts, but I had not heard of this folded-tape method and wanted to hear others' reaction. Thx.

Ray, sorry, I had not heard of this method.

Al, fine photos as always and Wonderful Hats in your collection. Lydia makes the photos?
If she did it, she is great and really talented.

H.Herdick

Familiar Face
Yesssss, what a beautiful hats in this threat. Go ahead.

Outside cloudy - I was wearing my Penman. But I like also Panama, so inside the house I'm wearing now a cheap Panama from Panamabob. Still a very decent hat.

10060681oc.jpg

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Today I'm wearing my 3 piece suit cut in 1930's style with my "new-to-me" 1940's Marathon Supreme Quality. I will post pics for the Marathon either today or tomorrow.

mein3pcsuit.jpg

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Eric, cool VS. What a nice Hat.

H.Herdick, very nice Panama. Too bad, to wear him, in the house

Josh, wow, I am speechles. What a great combination, extra class suit and great looking Hat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo