Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Eric, Great ribbon work on your VS Executive fedora in silverbelly. The first photo is cool!

Thanks sir. The 2 VS's with this ribbon work are fav's. Even the flatter flange work flatters the ribbons, IMO.

Eric, fantastic hat, my guess, you are the customer of the Year. So many Hats from Art. You can be proud!
Thanks Manfred. Art has sooooo many great hats and varieties this calendar year, he is the victor in any such catagory.

Eric, that gymnasium shot is great! If you have to be fatigued, do so in style!

Randooch; Thanks. The gym is my sunset work home. The shot is not staged, just me kicking back.

Nice VS Executive.

Thanks sir. This hat style is working for me.

Nice VS Executive SBG. The first thing I noticed on that first photo was the strange fan-like protrusion on your shoes.
Do you find it hard to keep the very light hats like that one clean? I'm considering a very white felt for one of my next customs but I'm not so sure if it'll work with the naturally contagious dirtiness of my smaller children.

Case; The kiltie things, IMO, make the shoe kind of whimsical. The fan-like stuff makes the shoes suitable for specific occasions. But truthfully, some days I just prefer the whimsy.

As to light hats, no problems. Coffee Stains - The silverbelly I have dropped on the wet ground and the mud/dirt/dust brushed off easily. I did splash some coffee on the brim on my desk. For that small stain I blotted up a bunch and then swished some soapy water (distilled) on a cloth and gently blotted up the remaining stain. Rinse and let dry. The coffee I prefer has significant oils in it (gives it flavor). To rid that small discoloration, I took some cornmeal and put it lightly on the slightly damp spot. I waited until it dried and brushed off. All of the stain came out. No problems. Water spots - the rain drops have not left any discolorations. I worried about it, but nothing has happened and I have ceased my worries. Swiming in the lake - Knock on wood - this hat has not gone swimming. My sahara VS went swimming last Nov.(documented in the Art thread) and no adverse effects. Dust - Traveling and hangng at home all I do is give it a vigorous brush and the hat is good. I brushed my hat this past weekend in the direct sunlight in a hotel (gymnastics meet) and watched as lots of dust particles came out. I was shocked at the amount of small particles. I put a sheet of writing paper to catch and see if they were felt or dirt/dust. I did see a tiny amount of felting, but almost all was dirt/dust particles. Hope that helps! Eric -

Thanks all. Fun to see what others are wearing and to share. Eric -

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Manfred: So happy to see that the Stetson St. Regis from Alan has winged its way across the Atlantic and landed atop your noggin! It looks absolutely fabulous on you, and no doubt will be one of your favorites in years to come. Congrats!

Eric: Lovely. The AEs are not too shabby, either!

Alan: Fantastic! Almost looks like an old Austrian velour on first glance.

Last edited:
Alan: Fantastic! Almost looks like an old Austrian velour on first glance.

Thank you AL. This is my costume shop stray that came home with a loose edge binding which I removed. It's now naked curled upbrim and very soft finish does give it a nod towards one of Steve's glorious old velours.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Aaaah, that's better!

Thanks - I love it way more now!

I had a premonition.

Both hats look great, gents!

Yep, it had to happen! Love your Bosalino today - I wish I'd picked up one of those pins from Ale when he had them on sale.

David , Case nice looking hats today!

Thanks, Tom. I like your OR today!

...and what STYLE, David. Fabulous!

Thank you Al. Hard to beat getting a classic hat in great shape for about 50 buckeroonies!

David, looks as good as the other, but If you want it more casual, then is that the right choice!

Cheers, Manfred. Indeed, both style are good, but the fedora one is much more me!

Good news that the St Regis arrived - looks great on you. If a hat is coming from Alan, you know it will be great.

David, Fantastic Stetson 25! It's setup perfectly!

Thanks Steve. I've really been enjoying this hat over the last couple of days.

Eric - great shots with the VS Executives!

Hairy Selentino

Very cool. I assume you are the IT guy where you work?

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I like it too, David! The cattleman crease works great for tomb, but this seems more you!

Sam-- neat Selentino. Great, now I"m going to have to start looking harder for a velour or other longhair hat... I wonder if hats comment to each other "cut your hair, hippie!" (Harry Selentino should be your new alias-- ha!)

Eric, hot damn, that VS is really incredible, and versatile as well.

Manfred, this is a good cause to put cap week on hold. What a beauty!

I also like that black Borso, Alan! Make sure that perfumed scarf doesn't rub up against the lid! You wear that flange very well.

gtdean, the moonstone Fed is out of this world, but if that's a WAR, don't look in my hat closet! ;)

newly acquired and revived "Stockman Special" for most of today (I don't know if that's the brand and model name, or just the brand, model, or neither), while I continue working on Mr. Nutria.

002xtn.jpg

randooch

I'll Lock Up
My brother dropped in for a Scrabble battle. He's an infighter, but my Simonds cap helped guide me to a narrow win. I even left him with an unused "s" on his rack.

imageutq.jpg

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Same Stetson 25 for me. I planned to keep the cattleman's crease, but that idea lasted about 24 hours. Now with fedora style.

I like how you can easily change from one crease to the next on the fly. Though, I do prefer the fedora pinch. Nice! :)

Hairy Selentino

Nice velour, Chopper. I have a throw pillow that looks like that. It's really soft and comfy. That looks like a comfy hat.

A Stetson Open Road today!

A great hat today! That's what THAT is!! :thumb:

For my WAR Wednesday, a customized Akubra Imperial Federation IV in Moonstone to mid-ribbon, matching bound edge after trimming....

Terrific Akubra, GT! Where did you order it from? Customized during the purchase or from another hatter? I can spot your crown pinch anywhere! High and tight.

..."New" old 1940 Stetson Deluce St.Regis! Thank you so much Alan...

Terrific homburg, Manfred!! :thumb: Good call, Alan; that is a very clean and beautiful hat. :eusa_clap

...VS Executive fedora in silverbelly...

Nice ribbon on that VS, Eric!

This is an older (pre-war, I think) Borsalino embellished with a pin from my friend Aureliano.

You show off the hat very well in front of the great back drop!! Autumn in Buffalo; doesn't get much better!! Too bad it's only gonna last 8 days. And then... :smow:

...newly acquired and revived "Stockman Special" for most of today (I don't know if that's the brand and model name, or just the brand, model, or neither), while I continue working on Mr. Nutria.

Very nice revival, Jeff. Looks great!!

...my Simonds cap helped guide me to a narrow win.

Congrats to your hat :yo: on the win!! :)

Awesome hats today, everyone!! I wore my FPH again, but I wasn't happy with some recent steaming that I did, so no photo today. :(

Purplesage

One Too Many
Manfred that Stetson St. Regis Homburg fits you well. A Homburg has to fit me just right to pull it off. If your interested in a nice Mallory Ten Homburg that is in unworn condition I have a black one in a 7 1/4. It's been in the classifieds for a while but I guess not that many people are buying Homburgs at the moment!

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks tomb1013, delectans, chepstow and AliveNAmplified

Mayerswegener, it's definitely one of my favorite hats. I wish Tonak's hats were easier to find over here. Now if only I could find a light colored one...

SBG: Thanks for the details on the light felts. It's very helpful.

DJH: I guess the xerox toner boxes gave me away... It's a small company so I'm the technical dept. which covers everything from anything IT related to forklift operator/repair to designing systems for the melting and packaging of cosmetic butters.

Bowlerman: The velours are definitely nice in the fall and winter. I wish there were more options available for velours as they're very difficult to find. I've been lucky to get this one and my homburg.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Randall, Steve, Al, David, AnA, Purple and Jeff, too kind, guys. Thank you all for the kind words, I appreciate them all.

Jeff, fabulous Stockman, this style, looks also fantastic on you!

Randall, I Love that photo, It's wonderful reassuring

Purple, thanks, I have seen the Nice Mallory, unfortunately it's to big for my small 7 head!

DonW

New in Town
Hi Guy's,
I won an Akubra Banjo Paterson off ebay last week which I'm wearing today, really nice hat, rebashed it a bit and am going to change the leather hat band for a 1 inch ribbon in chocolate brown, the hat is Heritige Fawn. Now I need your advice, the hat is clean but smells very heavily of cigarette smoke, anyone know of a good method of removing the smell, I have left in a breeze for a few days but it doesn't seem to have diminished.

JonnyO

A-List Customer
Hi Guy's,
I won an Akubra Banjo Paterson off ebay last week which I'm wearing today, really nice hat, rebashed it a bit and am going to change the leather hat band for a 1 inch ribbon in chocolate brown, the hat is Heritige Fawn. Now I need your advice, the hat is clean but smells very heavily of cigarette smoke, anyone know of a good method of removing the smell, I have left in a breeze for a few days but it doesn't seem to have diminished.
Congrats on the new hat DonW, here is the link to a thread that will be of much help to you. http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?34506-cigarette-smoke-in-hats...&

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou