Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
CRM "Greta" for today
IMG_4104.JPG

IMG_4106.JPG

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Meric, good looking Borsalino and great first photo. Welcome here!

Robert, very very nice Velour, you look very good with him.

Sam, fantastic color and ribbon work on your Greta. Great hat!

Rogera, you look sharp with your Milan!

Tom, great Playboy Wanderer!

Tomb, super hat, you wear him great!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Alan, beautiful 7x, and love that last drop liner.
Eric, your hats are so beautifully maintained, I can never tell what's vintage, what's VS, or what's new ie; that lovely bluegrass on your head today. nice work!
tomb-- that is a beauty of a hitchhiker. is that the full 2 7/8" brim? It has a great flange to it.
Meric, welcome!
robert, that is a positively luxurious velour.
Rogera... I really want to say nice hat, but I can't get past the 91 degree forecast! At least we're up to 38 today, which means short moments outside without a coat... better than none!
Sam-- not sure if I commented on the new one already, but that's one hell of a nice hat, dude. Nice color choices and whatever those dimensions are (shorter brim than usual for you?) work famously. well done, sam and cane rod maker.

I took advantage of the overcast skies for some natural lighting this morning, for my Falcon Friday:

Rabbit-inspired shot ;)

003ujn.jpg

004zgv.jpg

002uxa.jpg

005hlv.jpg

casechopper

Thanks Neophyte, Chepstow and bowlerman.

Bowlerman: It's a 2 3/4" brim. On my XL head that may look relatively small :D The upturned brim might also give the illusion of a smaller brim size.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Tom; Grand hat Tom. I do like the background and the wonder of your area of the country it provides.
Meric; Thanks for sharing.
Robert; You are the man when it comes to velours.
Rogera; 91'F - sheesh that is hot for March. We got snow today on a warm 32'F day.
Case; Great hat sir. Color and ribbon work look good.
Jeff: Dynamite curled brim shot. Your Rabbit inspired hat shot works for me.
Alan; The 7X is a prime example of vintage felt being superior. Love that hat.

In a bit I am heading out for an evening of acoustic blues. Hatted in a VS sage Stratoliner.

IMG_4623-M.jpg

Everybody got's dem blues, Eric -

Last edited:

Swing Motorman

One of the Regulars
This morning, I wore a brown fur felt with a sadly rippled brim from heavy wear in the weather. When I go out next, I'll be wearing it again-- but not with the wavy brim! Amazingly, 5 minutes with an iron and a vintage hat flange (which didn't even fit it right) fixed it, despite this being my first try.

2013-03-15_ironedHat.JPG

Poor phone photo, but I have to get back to ironing non-hat things. Taking a break to see everyone's recent hats is grand, though, you fellas look sharp indeed!

-Steven

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the kind words on the Homburg and well wishes everyone!

Some great hats today as usual.

Alan: I love, love, love your Open Road. I'm trying to make mine look more like yours all the time.

Jeff: Always a pleasure to see your Black Cherry Lord's hat. One of my favorite felt colors.

Eric: Nice strat! I don't think I could pull off the sage green, but it works well on you, and fits in real nice to the landscape.

Tom B: Nice VS Hitchhiker...that's the natural colored felt right? One of these days I've got to get one of those into the rotation.

Tom D: stylish Playboy!

Roger: sharp Milan, is that vintage hat?

Sam: that's a looker! Love the ribbon color.

Last edited:

Meric

New in Town
Today was a Baileys day for me. Went to work in it, got home and switched outfits for the night but kept the hat.

Fantastic hats all around, particularly that open road.

And the kind welcomes are much appreciated! Thanks all

Enjoy the evening!

7161F664-E370-4FD0-8EF7-631A52CB3D47-8673-0000022FFBB026AA_zpsc3bdd109.jpg

FF2968B7-6D6B-4C0B-81D9-E2630AB7741F-8673-000002315A22E72E_zpsd703502a.jpg

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Stratoliner, touring the walk-in safes in the basement of the old SF Mint.

You sir, own the Hollywood brim look. The old mint is a very cool place, I was last there when they had an exhibition of concert posters.

Today was a Baileys day for me. Went to work in it, got home and switched outfits for the night but kept the hat.

Fantastic hats all around, particularly that open road.

And the kind welcomes are much appreciated! Thanks all

Enjoy the evening!

Nice lid, I think you'll fit in just fine around these parts!

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Borsalino Savoy and Champ Milan. I had the Borso hat modified by Mike Miller of Northwest Hats. He re-sized it from 7 3/8 to 7 1/4 and added a new edge binding. The Champ hat received a new sweatband, re-block, and a vintage burgundy ribbon...

da42803b-afe0-4074-a908-370be42d0c5f.jpg

2ab47916-c397-4bd7-89ac-71a5c4d0e69e.jpg

Last edited:

Rogera

Roger, I can hear rain drops on my windows...it's supposed to turn into freezing rain and then a possibility of 8" of snow by Sunday, the last I heard.
I like the black ribbon of your hat against that natural color. (it's a straw, right?)

Thank You Sir! And yes it is a straw. I wish it would rain here!

you look sharp with your Milan!

Vielen Dank Chepstow! You are always full of the most gracious compliments!

Rogera... I really want to say nice hat, but I can't get past the 91 degree forecast! At least we're up to 38 today, which means short moments outside without a coat... better than none!

Summer's getting here early this year. I was looking forward to wearing my felts all winter and we simply did not have a winter. I got some good head time in though. I am trying to figure out which one of my felts I am willing to sweat in this summer. It did however only make it to 86-87 today but 95 is predicted for tomorrow again. Nice Homburg by the way!

In a bit I am heading out for an evening of acoustic blues. Hatted in a VS sage Stratoliner.

Looks great! Hope you enjoyed your evening!

Thanks for the kind words on the Homburg and well wishes everyone!

Some great hats today as usual.

Roger: sharp Milan, is that vintage hat?
Jared, I am not sure how old the hat is. I bought it at a city wide garage sale for $8 and liked the looks of it. It really doesn't appear to be vintage. It appeared to me to have never been worn (although its hard to see that with my terrible cell phone pic). It just needed a good home.:D

All sorts of wonderful hats today gentlemen :eusa_clap

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy