Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

I stopped by Fort Smith on my way to Covington TN this Friday:

Fort_Smith_Courthouse_2_post_zps9c337a9f.jpg

Judge Parker's Courthouse. The Jail is in the foreground, it's a 3 story building on the inside. Murders on the ground floor, Robbers on the second, and the whiskey sellers on the top floor.

Courtroom_2_post_zps73a15865.jpg

The courtroom, most of the stuff isn't original because the National Park Service wants people to be able to go inside and set down. They also do mock court battles here.

Fort_Smith_Gallows_Post_zps34794fed.jpg

The gallows, on several occasions six inmates were executed together. Only one group, the Rufus Buck gang had anything in common.

Ft_Smith_Flagpole_post_zpsac893eef.jpg

The flagpole is made to be visible for miles around.

Later

Orangegrad

Practically Family
After seeing ManofKent wearing a homburg, I'm wondering if I could pull it off. Just looks so classic.

Another morning with the bluegrass green Camp Draft (BGCD). If you're following the Camp Draft thread, it's getting a lot of love over there. And with good reason, the color just flat out works on this hat.

I had originally bashed a teardrop. But it made the back end just too wide for my long oval face, so last evening I re-bashed it into a center crease and I prefer the thinner profile much more.

Dan Allen

A-List Customer
1961MJS I see that you passed by my porch front. Fort Smith is starting to become a nice place to visit. They also have the Fort Smith Museum of History just a stones throw from the Gallows, and when they complete the U.S. Marshals Museum It may become a destination in its own right.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Richard, the Homburger is the right hat for you, looks as you were born in in him!

Justin, great Cap, a good style. Nice to see the old Caps alive!

Andy, good job, looks great on you!

Robert, terrific Panama. Always a sharp hat on your head!

Flea market hat hunting today. And successful! Brought three hats to me at home.
Mossant
wdze.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Flee Raider Strikes Again! Good going, Manfred - hope we'll see the new hats soon.

It looked like rain when I went out earlier so I wore my ArtLite Sahara. Of course there was no rain so far.

smugshot_5202690-L.jpg

ManofKent

Thanks all.

Andy - think the centre crease works better on you.

David - It's a very smart rain-hat, and even better if it stops it falling!

Manfred - Lovely Mossant, and I'm impressed by your new finds.

Robert - I could have done with something that well ventilated today - looks great.

Alex

Practically Family
Alan that cap you wore the other day out golfing maybe, is awesome! And so is the milan of course. I've also seen some great lids on Perry, Al, Robert, Justin, Richard, Andy, David, and Manfred!

seabass

Call Me a Cab
EXCELLENT HATS GENTLEMEN !
every one a winner !

Flea market hat hunting today. And successful! Brought three hats to me at home.
Mossant
wdze.jpg

Flea Market Raider Scores again !!!!
Chepstow, I scored royally last sunday at the flea for $50.00 I got 5 German Fedoras
& 1 of them was a Borsalino export gran lusso Morello c. Lord 1,
Rockel (peluche finish)in my size !,
kolfer lana very lite & looks like a seal finish (but in Spanish lana means wool) sure doesn't feel like wool,
mount Everest grey/green & wide grey leather sweat,
And a Mayser strato in black
I took pics but my pic hosting site dosent work so im out of the game for a while....
the seller a Very Cute gal always has a ton of German hats & & has me on the family plan...
scored a 40's HH jacket & other things I don't need !
any way you would be proud of my haul & all clean high quality hats !

Last edited:
Alan that cap you wore the other day out golfing maybe, is awesome! And so is the milan of course.

Thank you, Alex. The Flip-It cap was a flip from Lefty... too small for him and a snug fit for me. Fun print.

Richard, your homburg photos are great. Enjoyed the big calado, RLK and am continuing to admire that nice Mossant, Manfred.

Thanks for the many fine shots, everyone!

ManofKent

g.d. - very sharp looking

Winter-joe - that's a gorgeous colour

Lovely sunset Alan - reminds me of the ones I used to see over the Irish Sea when I lived in Wales for a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart