Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
I brought my small telescope with me (as I always do) on vacation to New Hampshire earlier this month. Alas, very little rainfree time to point it overhead this year... but I did bring it down to the boathouse to experiment with a little infrared photography.

Great stuff, Alan - I love infrared photography.

A few years ago I had an old D70 I wasn't using converted to black and white IR. Here are a few shots from some of our weddings

ir-L.jpg

Good for a little lens flare too! :D

delectans

Call Me a Cab
July Travels

Shopping in the Xinyi District on Monday.

A refreshing serving of fresh coconut juice at the morning market Tuesday morning. It is surprising how much juice is contained in a coconut.

After a quick shower and change of clothing...more shopping on Tuesday. Taipei 101.

Taipei 101 at night.

Wednesday morning, Jiufen Old Street, before the crowds.

The lighthouse at Cape San Diego, the easternmost point of Taiwan. View looking due north.

Dusk in the small-boat harbor, Nangfang Ao. Nantien Temple.

Thanks guys! David, cool to see these. I used to enjoy shooting B&W infrared film. I wonder if new lenses still have the little red line to adjust focus manually to IR?

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
AnA, great photos, and great Car. Your hat fits great on the Porsche. Maybe your next one?

David, awesome photos, the infrared photography gives a lot of playroom, wonderful effects!

Steve and Al, thank you very much, I am glad to hear that you enjoy the photos!

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
A little day trip to Salo!

My familie and I have decided to make a day trip to Salo. Salo is as Limone and Riva a City around the Lago di Garda.
Unfortunately our visit was to a time where the most shops are closed for a couple of hours over the midday.
That was bad, not for my family they got Icecream, It was bad for me. I saw a Borsalino shop in Salo with fantastic shoes, bags and hats of course!
But also this shop has closed, so I got only the pics. I looked by the window and saw fantasic Panamas. Some of them was reduced from 290 EUR to 190 EUR.

ysac.jpg

2ouo.jpg

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Fantastic Hats, gentlemen!

Al, stunning, weave and pattern on your Optimo is fantastic as the excellent photos of your Travel.
Thanks my friend!

AnA, sounds good and looks fantastic!

Randall, welcome here, your photoshop work, is great. So easy is it to come to a new hat! haha
and it's free!! The Banjo Petersen looks great on you!

Andy, sharp look with the Fed!

TheDane, looks really good with his Patina, a super hat!

Richard, always well dressed. That's a nice and stingy Biltmore!

Steve, fantastic weave on your Semi-Calado, loks very good!

HT, great hat. Tim has golden hands!

Alan, wonderful old guy your Stetson No1, is for me the No1 too!

Tom, sharp Playboy custom!

Ragnar, thanks.You're right of course, also the lovely women are an eye catcher and a point for a visit in Italy!

Sam, sharp as ever your CRM!

David, also an fantastic pattern weave on your Semi-Calado!

Sorry, always the same Mayser here in Italy!

3gzu.jpg

I am wearing a slouch hat from Akubra. It is a replica of the United Kingdom version that was worn by the Chindits in Burma during the Second World War. Its such a great hat. I use it just about everywhere I go and for everything I do; whether it be traveling, hiking, hunting, or even to formal events. Its the the only hat I have and I am certainly not going to replace it anytime soon!

(By the way, I am sort of new to the world of forums and chat rooms so can anyone tell me how to post pictures?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoEllis