Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
The Royal Stetson Zephyr Weight

smugshot_5940848-L.jpg

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Another cool morning in Cleveland

I'm impressed with all the beautiful vintage fedoras you folks find. Of the few I've purchased, only two are really wearable.

If it warms up I'll switch to my Cuenca Panama - but since it hasn't broken 72 degrees here for a while, who knows.

For now, my Heritage Fawn Fed IV Deluxe. In the morning light it looks anything but the fawn color that it is.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
G. Durand, I've said it before, and I'll say it again. That Dobbs is really a looker! Man, it's perfect, and you wear it well.

David, great W&W, and it's nice to see that dark moss Artlite. Elegant and understated. Very sharp. The Zephyr weight this morning glows.

Eric! Because of its unique and awesome color, I assumed that was one of your VS Strat clones, but very impressed to read that it's an actual vintage. Fantastic!

Andy, rockin' the Feds as usual! The fawn color appears extremely versatile.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
David - that Zephyr weight is lovely - it looks like it's just got the minimum felt weight it needs to hold a nice shape

Andy - nice Fed - I'm getting seriously tempted by one...

Robert - nice looking hat, and at least you've found a work around!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

A walk along the coast to Whitstable in a bluegrass green Campdraft.

For the geeks amongst you this was taken almost exactly opposite Grand Moff Tarkin's house...

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
This weekend I was privileged enough and honored to be invited to play with Jasper Acoustic. Its usually an acoustic Duo, but for a festival this weekend, they wanted drums, fiddle, bass, and electric guitar. I played drum set, traps, and electric guitar. (different instruments for different songs obviously, lol) Here's a couple pictures from this weekend. I'm wearing my vintage 50's Resistol Open Road clone and playing my 1996 50th Anniversary Fender American Standard Strat.

If anyone is ever in the Chicagoland erea, or southern Wisconsin, its most DEFINITELY worth seeing Jasper Acoustic play!

http://judsonbrown.com/Jasperacoustic/JasperAcoustic.html

By far my favorite cover by them is their cover of "Barton Hollow".....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkqfdcmlKBc

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
+1! :eusa_clap
I love "dirty country," as I like to refer to it. Tell us more! Are they as good live as they sound on that video?
I never should have been an oboe player. [huh]

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
+1! :eusa_clap
I love "dirty country," as I like to refer to it. Tell us more! Are they as good live as they sound on that video?
I never should have been an oboe player. [huh]

Thanks so much, Jeff!! Cristen and Jud are honestly just as good live as they are in the studio. Cristen is a classically trained singer who studdied opera and musical theater for her degree and Jud is an acoustical engineer along with being a master guitarist. Both of them take a ton of pride in thier harmonies. So much so, I havent been asked to sing. LOL. Thats probably for the best. LOL. They do a ton of covers ranging from country, to rock, to jazz, to blues, etc. They also cme with a cd of originals which is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy