Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Busy and enjoyable day!

Lovely Minnesota afternoon in my VS Wanderer (silverbelly light weight felt).

I was enjoying the St. Paul Lower Town Guitar Festival today. The partly cloudy skies with a high of 74'F made for an ideal time to listen to guitar experts. The downtown park, Mears Park is a gorgeous park and representative of the glorious green spaces in the city.

DSCN5428-M.jpg

We totally enjoyed listening to Pat Donahue's acoustic blues. He rocks!

DSCN54241-M.jpg

My party and took advantage of "downtown cab" pictured below.

DSCN5432-M.jpg

The ride allowed us to leisurally take in the views of the Mississippi River valley.

DSCN5438-M.jpg

The MN Science Museum Maya Hidden World Exhibit was the "desert" to our lunch break and then back to music. The city has done well celebrating our short summer as show in the next pic.

DSCN5440-M.jpg

The days light was waning and I took this shot to, hopefully, show the cities contrasting, classical/modern, skyline.

DSCN5430-M.jpg

Back home and enjoying the vista across the lake in my Stetson Hempstead. This light weight vintage felt is just a stunner! Unique brim stiching adds to the unique dimensions and ribbon treatment. Hopefully my evening shots, with flash, allow the details to be seen.

DSCN5444-M.jpg

DSCN5448-M.jpg

DSCN5450-M.jpg

Wishing hat wearers the best, Eric -

Last edited:

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Justin, bond, Orangegrad - Super pics! Riding the Ducks looks like fun, especially in that great hat! The trail shots in the Metroparks are really neat.

It's so great to get away from the concrete and confusion of the rest of the world!

I try to get to the Metroparks every couple weeks at most. I work at home. There are times I can go over a month and the gas tank is still full. I hardly go anywhere. So getting out for a trail hike is much more fulfilling than walking around the neighborhood.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Eric, great photos and hats. Interesting brim stitching on your Stetson!

AnA, lovely Homburg. You look good with him!

Joao, a super place to chilling. Thumbs up for the Resistol!

Richard, no photos - but Rehfus is a great and rare brand!

Charlie, very nice photos and a nice selection of hats!

John, great brand, Hückel!

fashion frank

One Too Many
In the country, waiting for dark.

081013.jpg

Alan really like the height of the crown on that straw and it's beautifull the way they weaved the air venting in,just across the top of where most of your knoggin would be .

I dont' know if it's me or not but that hat has an elegent ,simple understatement that makes it look so good.

Really nice looking summer hat and looks great on you !

All the Best, Fashion Frank

Thank you. It is a simple hat, meant to have puggaree over the ventilation weaving. Discovered it when I went to change the pug and decided to leave it that way.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Joao - hat suits you well, and the beach looks a great place.

AnA - I have Homburg envy.

Eric - thanks for sharing those photos. Looks like a good day out. The VS Wandererlooks great, but I love the ribbon on that Stetson.

Alan - great straw - I can see why you left off the pugaree - that ventilation is too nice to hide.

Manfred - thanks - photos should be back (ran out of free bandwidth on photobucket) but it's been posted before.

JAVIER

Practically Family
Hello Gents,
I was at the 95th PGA Championship Friday and Saturday. I managed to get a photo with the Wanamaker trophy as the chalet was close to my Co.s corporate chalet. I was accompanied by my Pennys, it got many compliments, even from the Mayor of Rochester.
photobucket-2078-1376225208991_zps1fed5c23.jpg

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Andy - looks like a great place for a weekend stroll.

For those of you outside the U.S., you're probably unaware that Cleveland is often the butt end of a joke. Approximately 20 years ago, the river that flows through the city caught on fire. 25 years ago a B grade movie that depicted LA after the big earthquake was filmed in Cleveland. The director was asked why Cleveland. His reponse? Cleveland looks like LA after the Big One.

We've done a lot in the last 20 years to improve the city and the surroundings. But we remain one of the poorest cities in the country. No one wants to live in Cleveland - only in the suburbs.

And then we have the Metroparks - an oasis that encircles the city. You sometimes forget you live in Metropolitan Cleveland when in the Metroparks - at least for a little while.

My daughter has two more years of undergraduate study at one of our state schools. We're starting to look at places to move where ultimately we stay into retirement. The Southwest U.S. is looking good at this time.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
OG, and Bond, these are great!!!

My family likes to go to WisDells on our vacations (far enough away that we feel like we're getting out of here, but not so far that it requires airfare), been there several times and have definitely ridden those ducks a few!

Keep 'em coming, folks.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Alan and Javier; The straws, while very different, work for the specific situation situation vry well. Sharp looking fellows.

A&A: You have aquired a sharp collection of lids and the recent shot is no exception.

This early morning brought scattered showers and a humid 62'F morning to my neighborhood. My Adam Executive in brown made me feel sharper than my scruffy face and aching joints had me feeling. It was early and cloudy and the camera's auto flash was used. The fedora is a deep chocolate brown not the milk chocolate shown. The 2.5 " brim looks appears bigger due to the high perspective of the camera's eye.

DSCN5454-S.jpg

Eric -

Last edited:

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Sunday Morning

Beautiful Adam, Eric.

First wearing of the Australia market Akubra Squatter in Superfine Featherweight fur. I remember years ago on the Hattery website they described this quality fur as comparable to Imperial, but a bit lighter weight. I'd say that's very accurate. Though purchased new from the Hattery in Katoomba just a week ago, this particular fedora certainly must have been sitting around for a year or two, as the current model has a liner (I know) and has Imperial fur (I believe). I was given a choice of the modern model or this this older version, as they had two in my size (56). I chose the older version.

The crown has even less taper than my Fed IVs. The dimensional brim (3 inches front and back, 2.5 inches along the sides) works for me.

Akubras run large, and this one is no exception. It will take a while for the sweat to shrink to my true head size. But I'm in no rush. This is the perfect summer Akubra - no liner, and light-weight felt.

View attachment 3340 View attachment 3341 View attachment 3342

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Andy; Your Squatter is sharp. The Akubra collection that you have been showing continues to grow. I am enjoying seeing your Aussie side pairing with your jewlery. My wife's grandmother is of Hopi heritage and proud of it. Your pics catch my wife's eye when I can get her to tune into the postings.

Eric -

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Andy; Your Squatter is sharp. The Akubra collection that you have been showing continues to grow. I am enjoying seeing your Aussie side pairing with your jewlery. My wife's grandmother is of Hopi heritage and proud of it. Your pics catch my wife's eye when I can get her to tune into the postings.

Eric -

Thanks, Eric. Over the past six months I've acquired a number of Akubras and Borsos. I tend to be more of a modern hat person.

As for the Native American jewelry - that is very new - within the past several months. Though technically I'm a member of one of twelve tribes originally from the Middle East (of which tribe I have no idea), I tend to identify with Native Americans - perhaps for that very reason. And their jewelry is beautiful, and an art that may be lost with successive generations.

This winter my wife and I will be visiting Albuqerque and Santa Fe, looking at potential retirement areas. Though I'm a good ten years away from retirement, we're thinking we may move before I retire - after our daughter is through with undergraduate school in two years. The New Mexico area is a wonderful area to continue my learning and purchases of Native American jewelry and art.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy