Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
F. Witzleben Leipzig Melone

10446264155_b4fe100d04_c.jpg

Orangegrad

Practically Family
I like your new avatar Andy, very professorial.

I am really not sure what has happened to me. Never cared about how I looked until I started wearing fedoras. I've purchased a few sport jackets, brought the button down shirts out of moth balls, and have ordered several more bow ties. But I refuse to give up my jeans.

I believe that the pendant that I plan to wear tomorrow is also from the Begay clan.

This piece was made by Kenneth Begay during his years at White Hogan in Scottsdale. It is a mountain, perhaps Picacho Peak north of Tucson. A little history on White Hogan and this great Navajo silversmith here. I had help from Lounge member Howard Dye on the cord.

begay_pendant.jpg

Qvist

Familiar Face
Too many great looking hats to compliment them all... Looking great guys!

Today I´m wearing my Campdraft (what else) at work.

10456013233_a6b093aeb1_z.jpg
10455850265_f992b9f9d2_z.jpg

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Qvist - that particular color goes with nearly anything. It's on my short-list of must buys.

Alan, I've posted once or twice in the Native American thread - and I have something turquoise on the way to my home that I will take some photo of when it arrives.

Chocolate brown Borsalino Alessandria, Luccheses, contemporary Yei pendant, and a fairly old leather thunderbird belt buckle. The thunderbird is somewhat crudely fashioned, but still an enjoyable piece.

View attachment 5412

View attachment 5416

Last edited:
Totally terrific tops today!

Hato is that crown open? Sharp look with the dark felt, Perry.

DJH that Tummy's TOPS!

OGrad the chocolate really pops in the still life. It's a color I am lacking.

Qvist that CD is SO perfect for you, sir! You look very happy wearing it.

Steve I missed that AMAZING Melone derby yesterday... OMG!! Beyond amazing!

Alan you capture the sun, the moon, the stars and the sky. Now you're moving mountains!! Lovely piece.

I chose a Royal Deluxe Stetson from the 50's... Best color is in the outdoor shots.

IMG_6022_zps1aee9a04.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Incredible display.
Thanks for the comments on my oeuvre from last weekend!

A few highlights from the past handful of days for me:

G. Durand, the Mallory Ten is simply gorgeous.

Perry, I'm so glad to see that silver belly Mallory again-- truly one of my favorites of yours! Nice Powell, too, and Black OR today-- leaving open?

Alan, who knew John B. was such a softie? That black Stetson is so sharp. You really wear that color well.

Andy, nice Black Cherry VS, among other things, and thanks for continuing to display your incredible collection of Native jewelry.

Sam, rocking the Knox. At first glance I thought it was your modified CD. Almost identical colors? Either way, they really work well on you.

Eric, I always enjoy your VS Wanderer collection, but this granite is just mesmerizing.

HatsRMe, I love your hats, and the fact that your photos have such a positive disposition-- nice to see the smiles and winks-- many thanks from a Californian who got stuck in the dreary Dakotas a decade ago!

Hamilcar, so well-dressed. I like the older crease, too. Were you going for a cattleman or side dents? Sometimes, depending on the block, that crease takes me a few tries to get right.

Coach, excellent Borso travel hat. The first portrait is really stunning; somehow you remind me of The Godfather. I have to say your lovely Zel still wins this round!

Qvist, very sharp, sir.

David, enjoying the diversity! Nice Whippet, and the midnite Tumwater is soooo nice. yeah, tony makes a good hat! ;)

BJ, your new Tumwater is just stunning as well. Congratulations!

Steve... I COVET.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy