Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Great looking VS's HatsRme and Casechopper. And Alan, that hat rocks!

Today, one of my perennial favorites: Knox Premier Fifth Avenue
gyve4uty.jpg

A happy and safe New Years eve to all.

Matt
A day without a hat is like a night.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great Vs's Charlie and Sam.

I like that Tumwater a lot.

Matt - Rockin' the Knox

Alan - That's one way to keep the snow off :)

Joao - I hope Alan's extra half inch isn't making you feel small :)

----

Thanks for the comments on today's cap. I've only just discovered James Dermot - they're lovely caps.

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
I felt compelled to dress more formally for the office today since I'll be heading straight to a New Year's Eve party after work. Can't see it from the pic, but my charcoal grey Knox Madison Avenue is topping off my three-piece suit, accessorized with a black chrome watch chain securing my trusty Waltham pocket watch.

View attachment 7671

I also couldn't resist a bit of fun since we enjoy celebrating the holidays around the office. This top hat is a bit small on me, but it's a great decoration for my desk for today. Hopefully I'll find a topper that fits a bit better in the new year.

View attachment 7672

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Good evening from a cold Central Ohio Gents! Great collection of hats this New Year's Eve! Gotta make this quick! The wife is demanding I change hats before we step out this evening, ( so what's wrong with my hat)?

Anyway, here's a Western I recently snagged. Don't know anything about this one except that it's a "Sherwood Saddlery" and that it says, "100% Genuine Fur" on the sweat band. This is the densest felt I ever handled. It makes my 7X Bradford seem like a flop hat by comparison. Whatever it is, this is one top notch quality Western....the felt on this hat is so dense I could probably drive 16 penny nails with it!

e1sy.jpg

Last edited:

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Strapped-4-Cache - hope you had a good evening in the Knox.

Gear guy - looking ready to party!

Perry - great Playboy.

TJones - the new western suiys you.

Tommy - I'm speechless :)

Have a great New Year all!

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Strapped-4-Cache - hope you had a good evening in the Knox.

Gear guy - looking ready to party!

Perry - great Playboy.

TJones - the new western suiys you.

Tommy - I'm speechless :)

Have a great New Year all!
Thanks my friend. I appreciate the positive feedback...as I said in the "Western Anyone?" thread, I still think you may surprise yourself with how well a Western may look on you. It's just a matter of the right blocking, the right crease, the right crown height, and the right brim width. It's exactly the same method used for finding the right fedora.

Earl Needham

Familiar Face
Thanks my friend. I appreciate the positive feedback...as I said in the "Western Anyone?" thread, I still think you may surprise yourself with how well a Western may look on you. It's just a matter of the right blocking, the right crease, the right crown height, and the right brim width. It's exactly the same method used for finding the right fedora.

Attitude helps, too. If you try to wear a Western hat -- ANY hat, really -- and you act a little timid, it won't look right. Whatever you wear, step right out there and be confidant and you can even make a beret look right. Well, I GUESS you can make a beret look right...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80