Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic

Practically Family
Thanks for the comments on The Airie, Guys.

Today Barrister.
IMG_1897_zps13825a66.jpg
[/IMG]

Mystic

Practically Family
I like this one. The color combo of the hat and ribbon, the tall crown, and the wide brim. This definitely works for me. I'd like to see a few more angles of this one....side, front back. Nice one Mystic.

Here ya go T. Looks better on the head but I already got a Barrister there today.
IMG_1901_zpsa86a514c.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1902_zps4d931197.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Terry, buddy, they look too close to really tell a difference. I would guess if you wore them on back to back days, no one would know it was a different hat. Nice work on the conversions, by the way! Which bash do you like better?
Thanks buddy...I actually like both creases. I guess which of the two would depend on the look I'm going after. For something of a '30s era look I prefer a tall boxy crown with a center dent. For a '40s era look, I would still want a taller straight sided crown but with a c-crown crease. I may go with a Center Dent on the next one.

Richard, very nicely attired and I love the backdrop of your third picture.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Nice Stetsons David and 1mach1.
Falcon Park in whiskey for me this morning.

Thanks, John. I like your thin ribbon Falcon Park. Don't see many of them in that style.

Sam - cool Rembrandt look :)

David - as always, an impeccable choice. The Stetson looks to be in fantastic condition.

Thanks Andy, your Champ is a great looking hat.

Mystic - the Pedigree is a super hat! Love the Barrister even more, that's fantastic.

jhe - looks like the right hat for a warm day

David – What a classic beauty.

Cheers, MB. I like your Cavanagh, they are hard to beat for class and style

rclark - I love the OR Panama

David, I've forgotten, is the ribbon on the 25 original? Beautiful.

Thanks Alan. I suspect the ribbon might be a replacement. I've never seen an S25 of this vintage with a mid-ribbon and the sweatband is a generic one so has certainly been swapped out.

This is a favorite hat though. As you know, the felt on the S25's isn't always the best, but this one is fabulous, rivaling the felt of the early S25 I got from rabbit last year.

If the ribbon was replaced, it is a really good job. Matches the brim binding perfectly and the quality of the stitching is spot on. Nice that this hat cost me $45, including a Stratoliner box. :)

David, Your Stetson 25 is a real beaut! Very nice!

Thanks, TJ. I like both of your Open Road iterations. The OR style works really well with a slightly wider ribbon

Richard - I don't think I could pull of that Flechet look, but it works for you.

Charlie - yeah, the Lee lees great and very much like Mystic's Barrister.

Steve - very nice. Some great mid-ribbon classics around here of late.

nigeloscar - hard to beat a nice Campdraft

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I'm going to convert another Western with a Center Dent.
Not another one...

Here's the two hats side by side....much of a noticeable difference?
Not much difference. It is already hard to spot a 4" from a 3.5" brim from pictures and you are comparing 1/4" crown and 2/8" brim differences...

For today my Portuguese Bunny. It just got baptised as this was a rainy day (I want yesterday's sun back).
20140409.jpg

g.durand

One Too Many
miamibruno--thanks for the compliment on yesterday's Milan.

Living in the Pacific Time Zone means I have a lot of hats to comment on by the time I get in, so I'll take the lazy man's approach and just say it has been a flawless and entertaining display from everyone today.

A two hat day for me--Lee Harmony Silver Label (using Alan's take-the-photo-by-the-window technique) and then the vintage Stratoliner later.

photo1-70_zps4ddf4fae.jpg

photo2-75_zps746cb81f.jpg

Charlie, Thanks! Super looking Lee! Congrats!

David, Thanks! Fantastic Stetson 25 from earlier today!

Nigel, Your Campdraft looks good brim up!

Joao, Hope your Portuguese Bunny held back the rain!

g,durand, Thanks! Your Lee and Strat are both beauties!

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mystic - beautiful Barrister (and Airie)

Charlie - that Lee is perfect on you.

Steve - Super Supra.

Nigel - nice rain hat.

Michael - Lovely Lee, but you need to practice Alan's pensive look for the window shots ;) Stunning Strat too.

AnA - that Emerson is gorgeous

Joao - looks good even in the rain :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot