Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

g.durand

One Too Many
I just looked at the past couple of days of posts. Wow. What a bunch of fine looking hats. ChiTown, that is one nice VS. Art's work is amazing.

Wearing the Borsalino Alessandria as our heat wave subsides.
photo-148_zps2249fec9.jpg

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Perry, JAVIER, Harv, Jlee, Thanks guys. I appreciate your comments on my Imperial Stetson.

Jlee, I think you're right. There's just not too many of these hats that come around too often. I've seen the Stetson Tijuana type hats in Royal Deluxes and in 3xs, (even those are getting hard to come by), but I haven't seen a Tijuana type quite like the one I have, and especially for it to be an Imperial in the suede finish.

Panadora, Your Habock is a real nice one. Looks like you might have something there.

bond, Your lady friend sure brings out the best in your Winchester.

g.durand, Nice classic style on the Borso.

Last edited:
A golden sellers logo in the sweatband but no other marks or labels!

Unfortunately no company mark on the paper label. It's definitely German or Austrian.

I think it might be this company out of Berlin.

14202972492_d8ff2940f1_o.jpg

14225561633_574a8af7f0_o.jpg

This is from the 1925 edition of Kelly's Directory Of Merchants, Manufacturers And Shippers, German Hat Manufacturers.

My guess is this hat is from around WWII or earlier. Where did you find it?

Also please post in the German - Austrian thread.

Last edited:

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday almost had no time but for work, work and more work.

Joao, great looking bunny!
Miamibruno, Djh, Joao, Hato & Bman great lids.
Thank you all.

Yesterday a Stagecoach and today another Stagecoach. I do like the felt and crown height of those Stagecoaches.
The day is hot like a (not very hot) summer day (30º C), but next week they predict rain.
20140516.jpg

20140517.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Heading out to visit with my daughter and the grandchildren for a few days. We are meeting up with them in Florida - can't wait!

Bringing along my Worth & Worth Montecristi

smugshot_5467163-L.jpg

Banky

One of the Regulars
Hey guys, So I finally got around to finishing my apprentice piece after some time on and off working on it. This is my first (mostly) unaided hat. As most of you know this week Art Fawcett was visiting our shop. I asked him if he would be so kind as to do the ribbon work on my hat as a memento of his visit. So without further ado:

Banky

One of the Regulars
Thank you, G. I'm probably more proud of it than I should be. But I worked very hard on it. With Art's patience and tutelage it turned out better than I could have hoped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko