Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
071314.jpg

Sleepy sunday... still deciding.

Nice one HB3. Sharp look all around.
Alan......speechless...that's an impressive collection.
I like the brim curl and the cowhair band on that one Joao
Fantastic stratoliner Rogers, very classic looking
Nice one G.D. looks good with the navy ribbon
Nice way to spend some time Unkei. Nice Akubra too

zeryraty.jpg

Tried out a triangle crease in my old Stevens. I've seen a few of these in old photos and always liked it, then Bowlerman posted his a few days ago and I was inspired to try it.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
In the afternoon I went to visit a friend that is in the hospital in Setubal. I don't know what John Galt made to this hat because it was a windy afternoon it didn't get airborne. It sticks to the head, don't come off easily and it's not tight! Sorry for the bad picture but the sun was low (my shadow goes all the way to the other side of the road). I like the way the ribbon chosen by JG "shines".
It's a Stagecoach!
20140713b.jpg

g.durand

One Too Many
Nice straws and felts today, guys. Penney's Marathon straw for me today.
photo3-57_zpsa073fd88.jpg

GD, that Silvermist is beautiful! I need to get Art's felt samples out and take a closer look at it. How does it compare to his Silverbelly?

Landman--I would say the Silverbelly, although lighter than most vintage silverbelly hats I've seen, is more beige than the Silvermist. The Silvermist has the faintest blue undertone, although in outdoor light it looks almost white. Here are a couple of shots to compare. Silvermist above, Silverbelly below. Both of the hats shown are lightweight felts.
artlites_zps29086d5a.jpg

artlites2_zpsbe9866a2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner