Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lt.hats

A-List Customer
Thanks, Harv, I really like that color. Once I satisfy my vintage bowler quest, I will definitely be getting more Akubra hats in a wider range of colors. I am finding hat collecting is a lot like pipe collecting, you can never have enough. I have been collecting pipes for over thirty three years now, but it's looking like it won't take long for my hat collection to crowd out my pipes

Scott

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Great looking conversion, Terry! However, why is it that you look more unhappy in the "after" pic? :p
Because he is going to trim the brim.

Thanks Joao. I really like the wider ribbons. and let me say again, that's a awesome hat!
Thank you again. This is not the only hat I have with such wide ribbon. I think they are 4.
I also like the way those wide ribbons look on westerns.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Steve, ya slipped right by me! Awesome ribbon work on that one!

Lt, I can see why. Very sharp, sir!

-----------

Channeling my inner Joao today. 20s Stetson B.R.E. Sadly I forgot to take a shot while the sun was out, so this will have to do.

e9ysu8yj.jpg

GregNYC

One Too Many
Thanks, Lt. Sorry about the indoor-lighting cellphone pic. It really deserves outdoor lighting!

You bring up a good point - coming to learn what suits us. I know how to assess this with other items of apparel, but still learning about hats!

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
For more than I wanted to laugh with you about it, I can't. I do know soon or later he will trim the brim of those westerns. If he did it on a hat I said him several times that I wanted to buy, he will do it on a hat he got to make a conversion.

---------------

Because I find Justin's hat so nice, I wanted to wear something with a... 20 too.
So for today this Resistol 20X Black Gold.

20140722.jpg

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Hmmmm ... hair, beard and hat brim ... ?!??!!! I need to ask, if it's something religious about not cutting any kind of hair, Joao? "Thou shall never split a hair - or Thou shall not recieve 72 unworn westerns in Heaven" ... or something like that lol

viclip

Practically Family
Hmmmm ... hair, beard and hat brim ... ?!??!!! I need to ask, if it's something religious about not cutting any kind of hair, Joao? "Thou shall never split a hair - or Thou shall not recieve 72 unworn westerns in Heaven" ... or something like that lol

Ha Ha ~ Joao enjoy it while you can.
The beard will grey & the hair will thin & the day will come too soon when you will wonder where did the years go!

m0nk

One Too Many
Lately I've been wearing a Stetson Panama but today due to impending rain, I'm wearing my Northwest Bogart custom in granite beaver:

IMG_20140722_122147_zpsnjbednpj.jpg

Some beauties on display with special note to the unusual offerings from Steve and Justin. :eusa_clap

Today I selected a Dobbs straw boater with a rolled edge.

072214.jpg

dobbsboater4.jpg

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Thank you for the comments, everyone!

Joao, spectacular Gold. I really like that brim!

M0nk, sharp looking hat!

Alan, that's one not seen often. Great choice. The curl just sets it apart!

Dave, looks like a great time!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran