Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a very sharp hat Javier.

+1. Lots of nice hat detail on parade today.

Today from me an Austrian noir with sharp diamond crease applied by Mario who is one of too many sadly silent screen stars here on the Lounge.

102114.jpg

ottomatt2.jpg

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
+1, Perry!

Harv, Parker made that especially for you. Looks great!

Alan, very noir. That's an incredible sweatband. European vintage hats can be soooo elegant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JAVIER

Practically Family
Javier, I used to live in "Rochester" New York for grad school. I wonder what's the hat connection.... When I first moved there, the older part of the city was still in use - old department stores and restaurants and clotiers. People had already stopped wearing hats, but it was easy to imagine
Born and raised and I still in Rochester... This hat was a second hand store find via an Estate sale. It was made for The National Clothing company (most likely by one of the main hat co.) it was located on Main Street Rochester; ironically the old building is being preserved and a Hilton Garden Inn will be calling the space home.

The hat really is a very nice quality, and my favorite style.

GregNYC

One Too Many
I agree about Eric's hat!

Alan, I also agree about the European sweat bands (not to mention liners!). Elegant, old-world, with wonderful artistic and typographical features. And the hat itself reminds me of one of Jim Steranko's most famous illustrations - of ... The Shadow!

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the many comments to my Mallory homburg. I need to find more occasions to wear the hat.

Shortly ago I had lunch by the lake. My VS Wanderer (silverbelly) kept my head styl'n for lunch and the trip to the gym.

i-c6NG2pD-M.jpg

Off into the world of USA- Gymnastics, WAG (Women's Artistic Gymnastics), Eric -

Thanks for the many comments to my Mallory homburg...

It is a beauty Eric and looks so much like a Cavanagh on the inside! ;)

Thanks for the kind appreciation for the old Austrian.

Steve, I remember how much you like it whenever I pull it out to wear. Thanks for the wealth of knowledge you share with us on the European makers.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Born and raised and I still in Rochester... This hat was a second hand store find via an Estate sale. It was made for The National Clothing company (most likely by one of the main hat co.) it was located on Main Street Rochester; ironically the old building is being preserved and a Hilton Garden Inn will be calling the space home.

The hat really is a very nice quality, and my favorite style.

Isn't Dave Brown in Rochester too? I went to undergrad there, long before I had any interest in hats. Gibbs street, downtown. Not much there other than the midtown mall and a couple of delicious delis, diners, strombolis, and a good Thai place, at least insofar as I can remember.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

GregNYC

One Too Many
Charlie, thanks for the Pendleton info. I hope I can find some lined ones like shirt-jacs. I'm allergic to wool against the skin...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JAVIER

Practically Family
Isn't Dave Brown in Rochester too? I went to undergrad there, long before I had any interest in hats. Gibbs street, downtown. Not much there other than the midtown mall and a couple of delicious delis, diners, strombolis, and a good Thai place, at least insofar as I can remember.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Never checked David Browns spot as he's over priced for my budget (and when I'm ready, I'm thinking of supporting the FL vendors/ haters) however I regret not buying a a David Brown westernish hat, it was black and beaver felt, when I went the next day to the second hand store it was gone. I happen to dither, and by then time I convinced myself I could convert it, it was sold :( the quality looked good too), oh well! For a midsize city supprisingly there is a lot happening now, you would
not recognize it.
I think I'm having a garbage plate tonight in your honor ;)

Love the picks today, that first one had a little Amish / Mormon look to it

GregNYC

One Too Many
Garbage plate! Lol, I remember the "chicken-wing wars" back in the 1980s between fans of Sal's and fans of Country Sweet. I was on the CS side! I was into vintage film noir wear then. I wanted to wear fedoras but had no guidance. I just didn't look very hard (lack of courage!). So I got a cheapo Irish wool rain hat - at least it had a remote, distant fedora shape.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB