Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Today, Monday, December 8th is a religious holiday in Italy.
View attachment 21100
Finally the sun came back. Yellow and distant on the horizon.
View attachment 21101
In the afternoon we took a walk in the center of Verona
I removed from the storage this Flechet blue navy never worn
View attachment 21102
Expressly produced for "Chapellerie Meer" Strasbourg - France
View attachment 21103
Felt very soft and pliable in any form. The brim is edged with the same color of the ribbon.
View attachment 21104

Good week to everyone
Charlie don't worry....time is on your side

tommyK

One Too Many
View attachment 21105
Stetson Fifteen 3X Mode Edge

the softest, floppiest hat I've yet handled

I bought this hat specifically as a beater alas, it's too small (7 3/8 I think, just a little too tight for me). It's seen a hard life, I don't want to torture it further with stretching
I'll probably clean it a little more and throw it back in the pond

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Today, cold day in Minnesota. Wind, humidity, early morning sleet and afternoon threatening snow make a warm coat and hat a necessity. A pristine vtg. Lee Adventurer (gray) has been my hat of choice.

i-xQfLzsT-M.jpg

Thanks, Eric -

View attachment 21105
Stetson Fifteen 3X Mode Edge

the softest, floppiest hat I've yet handled

I bought this hat specifically as a beater alas, it's too small (7 3/8 I think, just a little too tight for me). It's seen a hard life, I don't want to torture it further with stretching
I'll probably clean it a little more and throw it back in the pond

What kinda shape is the body itself in, Tommy? It being a Mode Edge body surely makes it worth the trouble of overhauling, provided it ain't too far gone.

I bet the felt would rediscover its "body" on being blocked and ironed. It would stiffen right up, I suspect.

Somewhere around here I have a Mode Edge 20 in what looks to be the same color. I take it out once every blue moon, just to look at it.

tommyK

One Too Many
What kinda shape is the body itself in, Tommy? It being a Mode Edge body surely makes it worth the trouble of overhauling, provided it ain't too far gone.

I bet the felt would rediscover its "body" on being blocked and ironed. It would stiffen right up, I suspect.

Somewhere around here I have a Mode Edge 20 in what looks to be the same color. I take it out once every blue moon, just to look at it.

I did block and iron it, crown and brim thinking the same thing, still floppy. It did neaten it up though. I think it needs a little stiffener but I have no experience with doing that. It might be a good candidate to salvage the body and redo from the ground up. There does appear to be a weak spot at the front pinch so maybe not. If it fit better I'd keep it as a hobo beater.

tommyK

One Too Many
Harv, the cattleman crease sure does look perfect on that Resistol.
Eric, that Lee Adveturer is great and so is that coat! Is the lake behind you frozen already?

I did block and iron it, crown and brim thinking the same thing, still floppy. It did neaten it up though. I think it needs a little stiffener but I have no experience with doing that. It might be a good candidate to salvage the body and redo from the ground up. There does appear to be a weak spot at the front pinch so maybe not. If it fit better I'd keep it as a hobo beater.

Too bad it doesn't fit. If a person were to rebuild it, he could flip it around -- make the front the back, and vice-versa, to put that weak spot at the back of the crown instead of the front, and perhaps patch it from the inside of the crown. But then, maybe it just ain't worth it. I just can't help but let my imagination run a bit.

GregNYC

One Too Many
Superb hats over the last days, gentlemen! I'll try to make individual comments later.... Today in Waikiki, I visited Newt's, a high-end shop selling expensive Panamas and vintage-themed Aloha shirts. Here's my Brent Black Optimo and a Newt's shirt.

2a9be3f6550721bec58e462f403b98b4.jpg

Shopping with my wife...

86bea31287c466e6d61dc43b8794b017.jpg

Last edited:

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
Too bad it doesn't fit. If a person were to rebuild it, he could flip it around -- make the front the back, and vice-versa, to put that weak spot at the back of the crown instead of the front, and perhaps patch it from the inside of the crown. But then, maybe it just ain't worth it. I just can't help but let my imagination run a bit.

If that ~ 7 3/8 could be sized down to a 7 1/8 and reversed as noted, I could be interested in it if the cost of the body and the work to covert it weren't prohibitive. It's still a fairly nice looking hat, and I'd hate to see one of that quality turned into a beater if it could be salvaged. Just sayin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran