Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GregNYC

One Too Many
Yeah, that is a wide brim for Eric. Well-covered, sir!

Harv, I'm a member of the BU brotherhood too, and the Resistol looks stupendous like that! What's the width?

Memphis, classic Buckaroo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to see you Brando.

I am heading home for a little Chanukah magic.

menorrery2014.jpg

GregNYC

One Too Many
Brando, I like the cap!

Joao, I wonder - maybe that gifted blond Stagecoach is one of the most frequent in your rotation?

Alan, that's a very cool menorah. Do the cylinders rotate for different candle configurations?

Well, Harv, that BU 2 1/4 is one of my favorites on you. I know what you mean, there is a special relationship between stinginess and BU vs BD. I like stingies, so think my widest BU is 2". But I fantasize about wearing an open-crown wider brim, Charlie Chan tropical style. I've been a lifelong fan of his! Maybe I'll wear my Optimo like that one day!

View attachment 21435

Last edited:

Lotsahats

One Too Many
Love that Hanukkiyah, Alan! To my fellow MoTs, a lovely first night of Hanukkah, and for everyone, may this be a month of joy and gratitude.
A

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Alan; Mountain of mouton is correct. I got this Filson jacket recently and have been enjoying the “mountain.” The jacket is certainly a bold jacket cut from a conservative US manufacturer. While bold it works for me. I am still getting used to “bold.”

Daniele; Thanks sir. You have to enjoy the seasons in my small part of the world as you certainly know first hand.

Smooth Sailer; Thanks. Hopefully as our winter develops you will see in my pics a better representation of the jacket. I did send a similar jacket to my cousin in Finland for a Holiday gift. The northern scandanavian climate makes the jacket usefull. As to style, I let that be each up to each person.

Greg; Ouch – a wool allergy. I bet the custom caps with leather sweatbands are a true pleasure. BTW – Your caps inspired me to contact our forum custom makers and inquire.

Charlie; Covered by the big brim is right. The Whippet is only ¼” larger, but the quarter inch is noticeable. I like the hat and when I look into the mirror I see the brim width. I can easily change that impression by not looking into the mirror. Not looking is not any challenge.

Harv; Brim up you do well. Thanks for the comment today. This Whippet is a terrific example of Stetsons best efforts for the “common man.”

MLawyer; Excellent fedora sir. It is a sharp fedora that looks as well paired with “downtown and country” attire.

Brando; Very nice to see your post sir. Excellent cap and jacket today. You look comfortable behind those glasses.

Alan; I expect magic from you. Best wishes for you and family during this magical time of year.

Joao; I admire a 2 hat a day man. Cheers!

Greg; A devil care attitude can wear the hat anyway they want. Tip it up sir! The only people I have to explain myself to are family.

Best to all, Eric -

GregNYC

One Too Many
Eric, speaking of two-a-day, I often think of your photos of the hats lying on the back seat of your car. They're waiting for you after coaching, when you change back to Clark Kent. But really, who can keep their car that clean!!?? Keeping nice hats there certainly raises the standard! :) And yes, I really appreciate having such talented cap makers here on the forum!

GregNYC

One Too Many
Yes, my head is toasty! Windowpanes are one of my favorite types of tweed patterns.

S4C, I like the tall crown there, only slightly tapered!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner