Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renault

One Too Many
It's a wet Easter morning here on the beautiful "Canta Forda" ranch. I pulled this old Resistol 7x beaver I had out of the closet and run a new crease in it yesterday. Don't really know whT this crease is called, but I've seen it on lots of old photos. Not really a cattleman. But close. I'm open to suggestions!

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
8dc5b116ebde52dde6b3a43f87d6a38b.jpg
31ca897d66db480cc558879f2ecb5151.jpg
486bcd2ee1c55d8cc97f243bc76141f5.jpg

Old vented Bowler by Dunlap today. Hope everyone has a nice Easter Sunday.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Is that as easy as finding a straight sided mule? LOL! I am sure now that if I buy any stagecoach hats, they will be blocked by someone other than me.....steam a hat and spruce it up, yes.....but to mess with blocks or sewing ribbons or bows....nope.
Nothing to it. It's easy peasy!

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
In a rush this Easter day. Expecting the kids and grandkids over for dinner any minute. Just enough time to tell everyone how great they look, and Happy Easter to all! Anyway, I put my new to me vintage hat block to the test. The sacrificial lamb was either a '70s / '80s vintage 4X Open Road...these more recent Open Roads are crap compared to the earlier vintage ORs. The block did a nice job sizing it up. I lost about 1/8 off the brim when I reblocked it to my size, but that's fine. It was 2 3/4 before reblocking. It's 2 5/8 now after I blocked it up to my size.

Open_Road_reblock_02_B_W.jpg

Open_Road_reblock_02.jpg

I'm thinking along the lines of this ribbon choice...maybe
0405150825.jpg

Happy Easter! The lids are tops today!

Matt the Reid really rocks; super colors, and a fantastic streamlined bow! I had a very similar suit from Brooks Bros via Filene's Basement. An all-time favorite of mine.

In a rush this Easter day. Expecting the kids and grandkids over for dinner any minute. Just enough time to tell everyone how great they look, and Happy Easter to all! Anyway, I put my new to me vintage hat block to the test. The sacrificial lamb was either a '70s / '80s vintage 4X Open Road...these more recent Open Roads are crap compared to the earlier vintage ORs. The block did a nice job sizing it up. I lost about 1/8 off the brim when I reblocked it to my size, but that's fine. It was 2 3/4 before reblocking. It's 2 5/8 now after I blocked it up to my size.

Open_Road_reblock_02_B_W.jpg

Open_Road_reblock_02.jpg

I'm thinking along the lines of this ribbon choice...maybe
0405150825.jpg
looks like it turned out great, i think you can do better on the ribbon, though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes