Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very Nice! What model is that and is it currently available? Is that the stock band? IT looks very white/grey in your photo, is that true, or is it more tan?

It is beige. Look at the white garage door in the background for comparison. The model is the Akubra Broadbeach but somehow I ended up with one that had a ribbon from an Akubra Reef.

GregNYC

One Too Many
Thanks for the comments on the semi-collado straw Whippet.

RJR, It was JJ's Hatters actually. Recent acquisition for them.

Dave, I like it quite a lot. It has more of a small-brim Milan shape, less of a true Whippet shape. Like it should have been a Milan weave. Anyway, It's my first ventilated straw, and it really works! My head sweats a lot, and this really helps!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Absolutely STELLAR hat, Dave!!! Did Art restore that or does it have a factory accent on the ribbon? Hooray for Milans!!! :thumb:

Thanks, AnA. I have several Milans, but this Disney is by far the best weave quality. The ribbon was done by Tom Gomez - the hat had a burgundy pug when I acquired it, the pug is now on another Milan. Tom did a nice job on the ribbon.

smugshot_6750060-L.jpg

Greg - you are right about a little ventilation being a very good thing on hot days :)

rogerstg

A-List Customer
You guys are having an effect on me

I joined this site a month and a half ago. I had 3 brimmed hats. Now I have eight with three more on the way, and I'm looking for something in silverbelly.:eeek:
I blame all these photos of members wearing great hats.

Keep up the good work! :eusa_clap ;)

Roger

Jacora

Familiar Face
It is beige. Look at the white garage door in the background for comparison. The model is the Akubra Broadbeach but somehow I ended up with one that had a ribbon from an Akubra Reef.
Akubra shows that as available in Black, Tawny, and Cream, but I saw on a retailer's site White as an option too. Is that one "Cream"? What do think of the poly vs. real straw or hemp?

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I joined this site a month and a half ago. I had 3 brimmed hats. Now I have eight with three more on the way, and I'm looking for something in silverbelly.:eeek:
I blame all these photos of members wearing great hats.

Keep up the good work! :eusa_clap ;)

Roger

I can relate

and I'm loving every second of it

Today is a good day for a favorite rain hat from my friend Justin. It is a bit of a masterpiece and a bit of a Frankenstein's monster. It's an old one that has taken its share of abuse and refuses to die.

060915.jpg

060915_2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran