Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Rain. Wonderful wet stuff falling from the sky in NorCal today, giving my OR a certain eau de chien mouille, if you know what I mean.
73b5411dbe3dbe7aaed91a639a665133.jpg

Loving every drop that falls on a July afternoon in a drought like this.

frussell

One Too Many
Nothing smells the same as a wet hat, especially if you've been working with livestock and gotten it really dirty. Like a wet dog wearing a wool sweater with alfalfa sprinkled on top. Just wish I got to smell it more often. Been pretty dry here. Still my favorite way to break in a new hat, they just have more character and fit perfectly after a good rainstorm, especially if you wear it until it's dry. Frank

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Ok, that does it....I'm now going to have to bind the brim of my converted Snowy to make it look like a CD. I do need more sewing practice...

frussell- that's a good description of the smell there. Hope you get to enjoy it a lot when El Niño gives us a good soaking this winter.

Last edited:

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
hatsRme- YW for the laugh, always happy to spread some mirth. As for the other, try your local rescue shelter. I'm sure you will find many manufacturers of that particular scent that will be happy to keep you covered in it for only room, board and treats.☺

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good evening. Never a dull moment tuning into this forum. Hats, caps abound and you folks lead interesting lives as shown in the pics. You can be very proud.

This evening I have been wearing my vtg. Stetson bowler. This is really an "oldster." Please pardon the tired eyes and face, understanding that I am really tired and beat from my week. I look forward to a long weekend of rest and enjoyment.

i-dtvtG7K-M.jpg

i-gnXjsGR-S.jpg

i-R8n6Zwx-S.jpg

It is my first bowler. I purchased the hat inspired by Bowlerman and the others who have posted this past winter wearing bowler hats. They appeared, to me, as very interesting. My curiosity got the best of me and I picked this hat up. The hat fits comfortably and is snug enough in the wind off the lake today. The blocking, condition of the hat is marvelous. While not pristine the faults are really only the aged leather and the cut edges of the ribbon. The shape shows no wear. In particular I selected this hat as it appeared to have, to the best I can certain, an intact edge treatment. I wanted to see what was up with the edge, specific, and the hat in general. The felt and vent holes, seen in one of the pics, makes the hat comfortable to wear. It is not too stiff or hot. The hat condition, while firm is not as stiff as I imagined from the pics I have seen. It is not a "helmet" as I was to understand. If I compared it to other hats I have I would say it was much like a new Akubra CD. The Akubra CD has worn into a firm, but softer, hat with the ability to easily change crease. I have tied an this bowler can take a crease. It does loom very peculiar with a crease. The crown is pleasingly high to my eye. I understand how it was the "hat that won the west."

The above is true, but I am still reserved about wearing it out and about the city. It is a style of hat that I have never seen in my community. I have seen fedoras and westerns occasionally. Never a bowler, other than the movies or on this forum. I do not mind being unique and comfortable, but I do not wish to draw undue attention. I am certainly not willing to appear like a cartoon character or like anything other than myself. We will have to see if I wear this vtg. Stetson into my surrounding metro area.

Best, Eric -

Last edited:

photogravity

One of the Regulars
Today I wore this Royal Stetson fedora. I did not realise it was going to be over 90° with high humidity in DC today or I'd have worn something else. This shot was taken on the bus on the way home.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436496044.236162.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
Dobbs 707 today. Still deciding on whether to keep or sell this one. The taupe color is a bit too tan to wear with blacks, greys and blues, but it's grey undertones make it difficult to match with browns and tans.

b3930cc627a2549cd688a4e433844718.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Cariduro24

New in Town
Good morning gentlemen, Today is casual Friday, I'm wearing one of my favorites today, Vintage Stevens Milan Fedora matched with Tumi Bolte Blue Tortoise Sunglasses.
e8e354de943b435d23f30ac532c1f78a.jpg

Keep hatting my friends.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Eric, I hope the job hunt is going well. It can be frustrating and taxing at times.
Photo, you looked like you and the hat held up well.
S4C, well put-together, as usual
Trevi, casual Friday, yes, and I wish I could sport my new Milan, but it just won't stop raining here and I've been sticking with felt.
hat-o, someday I'll get an OR...

IMG_0754.JPG

Y'all tired of seeing this on my head? Well, I'm not tired of wearing it!

javadave61

Practically Family

Eric, shortly after seeing you in your fantastic bowler last night, someone sent me a link to this Led Zeppelin tribute from 2013. You'll love the choir and drummer. All wearing bowlers! (But not as nice as yours). The drummer, btw, is the son of the late drummer, John Bonham, who often sported a bowler. After he died at age 33, the band never wrote songs or performed together again, as the loss was too devastating for Robert Plant. Anyway, Happy Friday everyone!

[video=youtube;8e2fJfiddx4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e2fJfiddx4[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy