Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Moon, Moe, Robert and others - thanks guys. I appreciate the "thumb ups."

Truthfully guys, hats and I have been partners for a while now and I have been fortunate in selecting a few hats to stay with me. I have gotten a few PM's about my hats and I comment the same as I imagine many others on this forum would that time, recognition and opportunity are the only factors in stumbling upon some nice hats. I have released many hats back into the general hat market. My selection criteria has changed over the past years. I am sure I more the same than different as many other regular posters. I have found some winners amongst the cast-offs. To pride, I enjoy wearing my hats. Hats I do not wear, I release back to the market. I guess this response comes as partly embarrassment of riches - many hats. I am sure many of you feel quite the same.

Tonight I have some yard work, pre-mosquito prime time, and then some acoustic guitar time set aside. During my yard work I am using a vtg. "other" Stetson hat. This "other" Stetson fedora is minty and a pleasant color of malted milk brown. I have seen vtg. advertisements that show them to be less expensive than the Stetsons f the same time frame. This hat has a bit more stiffener than similar aged Stratoliners, but s similar quality felt pouncing and edge finish. I am intrigued by the ribbon. I intellectually understand that it is very simple, inexpensive and easy to apply to the felt. Emotionally I take enjoyment in the simplicity. Not gorgeous, but it's simplicity is appealing. Liner and sweat band represent its price range, but are excellent. The hat is minty even considering its nearly 70 year age.

i-S8K4Gx3-M.jpg

i-VjLzcd2-M.jpg

i-fxGZKWs-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Last edited:

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Nice bunch of hats today.
Bob, I gotta get one of those 47's.

Fruno, congrats on the SB CD. NC, BTW. (Nice Crease, By The Way) :)

hatsRme, does that Frenchie smell of chien mouille when wet?

Alan, awesome as usual. You, sir, are a prime example of why one should never fight the hat adfiction. Always wearing an excellent hat, and always with that happy little smile.

I went with moehawk Original No. 4, the Beach Bunny today.
539f69a019fc08f0e8844f8d3cfee95a.jpg

Have a great evening, everyone.

Love that color ribbon and matching finished brim. And the hat obviously!

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Well Bob, I'm glad you only asked about the old version of PA, and that you didn't Google the term... Let's us know you lead a clean life!

Smoothsailor you wear that Cordova with amazing aplomb, perfect panache!

Tommy, you always look well put-together, but Ash looks like that sweet brown felt was just waiting for her sweet little smile! MATCH!

Moe you crept in as I was typing! The Beach bunny's a bound-edged beauty, Bud!! Ma chapeau Francais has not been wet (yet), mais je pense si on the smell!

I've only one vice my friend...

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Moon, Moe, Robert and others - thanks guys. I appreciate the "thumb ups."

Truthfully guys, hats and I have been partners for a while now and I have been fortunate in selecting a few hats to stay with me. I have gotten a few PM's about my hats and I comment the same as I imagine many others on this forum would that time, recognition and opportunity are the only factors in stumbling upon some nice hats. I have released many hats back into the general hat market. My selection criteria has changed over the past years. I am sure I more the same than different as many other regular posters. I have found some winners amongst the cast-offs. To pride, I enjoy wearing my hats. Hats I do not wear, I release back to the market. I guess this response comes as partly embarrassment of riches - many hats. I am sure many of you feel quite the same.

Tonight I have some yard work, pre-mosquito prime time, and then some acoustic guitar time set aside. During my yard work I am using a vtg. "other" Stetson hat. This "other" Stetson fedora is minty and a pleasant color of malted milk brown. I have seen vtg. advertisements that show them to be less expensive than the Stetsons f the same time frame. This hat has a bit more stiffener than similar aged Stratoliners, but s similar quality felt pouncing and edge finish. I am intrigued by the ribbon. I intellectually understand that it is very simple, inexpensive and easy to apply to the felt. Emotionally I take enjoyment in the simplicity. Not gorgeous, but it's simplicity is appealing. Liner and sweat band represent its price range, but are excellent. The hat is minty even considering its nearly 70 year age.

i-S8K4Gx3-M.jpg

i-VjLzcd2-M.jpg

i-fxGZKWs-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

That ribbon is elegant in its simplicity and it doesn't scream look at me and detract from the hat. Nice combo.

Cariduro24

New in Town
Good evening gentlemen, I have not been around lately, too much work. Today I'm wearing my new acquisition from the Bay, a like new Royal Coachman by Dobbs, this hat came with the original box, I think that it should be from the 50s. It has the Guild Edge, Trolly cord, Top notch.

df6c7c77242bce7e3c75450a285e40ca.jpg
50a3f8511f85efbaaf5ef18ac4478dd8.jpg
8c2c1091e6fece8e120a19be7097fbb5.jpg
89d0ea144d852b6bba4a4da0c2a7103c.jpg
87e5439ea4b9d26e0c63ab3f4da137b1.jpg
6f0088772310878517e1471284e9d696.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/21/6d5ba334961ece1843fb516ba2b0edfa.jpg[/IMG

Stay cool!

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

tommyK

One Too Many
Cariduro, the guild edge is as good as gold! Great, unique liner as well.
OCMH, love the BSHW Bowler. I didn't know he was doing Bowlers, very cool!
Moe-the No. 4 is looking great! Keep up the good work!
Eric-the Stephen looks every bit as nice as a John B!
Fabio-that is a glorious top hat, I hope you have many black tie events to wear it to
RBH-You, Major and Rocky are always well hatted. especially those tall crowns!

g.durand

One Too Many
A triple, Rusty!! Great shot, GREAT hats, Great group of guys!!!

And GREAT to see y'all!

I agree, good to see you and the gang again, Rusty.

I spent the day on the witness stand in a labor arbitration hearing. It was so much fun I couldn't wait to get home for some hat therapy.

Borsalino
IMG_6466_zpsevhy0eeg.jpg

IMG_6467_zpsgbcurpyy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy