Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Michael - you always are among my absolute favorites... Stunning as always ...Next time I'm out west I want some brim shaping lessons

Strapped - love the way you represent the Caxton... Looks so good on you

Fruno - lookin killer bro!!
Both ways!... Loving that slice on you

Hato- that OR is crazy clean!
One day I'll be able to wear a hat like you... One day

JavaD- that lid is so damn classy that u make me feel like I need to put on a tie and some cologne just to look at your pics

Alan - you pretty much leave me speechless every day...
How do I work my way into your circle of friends ? :)

Bob - that modern Whippet looks fresh as farmers market produce on you... You may have just made a sale for JJ ... You may want to call them for some commission

This ol' hack is on his way to give 10 straight drum lessons... On top sits an old fav of course...
The BG CD ... Just glad to be part of the crew

7c80c5b0e47b28f12b3ed9451a1e412d.jpg

b19b30e4a72dd9280126c86006439976.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
You're in the circle already. Take a few hats off my hands and you'll be in my wife's circle too! ;)

literally laughing out loud...

and i would be honored to take a few off your hands... you know my size... I'm always available and my arm is rubber and real easy to twist

Moon... if ZZ Top had let you shape their crowns and brims, they'd be known for their hats and not their beards!

very kind of you ... I'm still learning the craft myself...

I dig the weathered look that Billy and Dusty are going for in that pic... but it does look like my 2 year old daughter got a hold of those hats for an hour or so

photogravity

One of the Regulars
Nice hats guys. I really like the look of hatsRme's lid.

For me, I'm wearing the BG CD with my hand creased cattleman bash. Since I'm on my way to San Antonio, I thought this would be the most appropriate hat to wear short of a cowboy hat.

4a13beb43487eb039cd8ec1b38ccce9d.jpg

1c2609fadc80a1d498f694123f62d35e.jpg

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Nice hats everyone!
hatsRme, that's a nice vintage Ester you got there.:)
Today I'm going out of my comfort zone with this little early 50's I think Mallory Aristocrat Quality I found at the thrift store. Pics as found are on the Mzllory Mile thread. Didn't know what crown configuration it originally had, but its so shallow crowned I figure it had to be a porkpie. It has too nice of an ovrwelt edge to have been bound like a derby. It ad been stretched (poorly) by previous owner to a loose 7 3/8 from it's factory size of 7 1/8, so I dismantled it and reblocked it. Still too short even for a wee telescope, o I'm leaving it open. The brim is 2", the open crown a bare 4 1/2". The felt is the nicest that I have handled, nicer than my Winchester beaver, nicer than my 50's Stetson, nicer than my 20's Young's...my guess is beaver.

Is there a name for an unbound derby other than open crown porkpie?
59d743dc4754791dafdca7e7ae782a24.jpg
a5f62d1aa8629743e05f57b1d90cbd38.jpg
1d1d950ee88f159454e0fe6d10b134da.jpg

It's a diffrrent look for sure.

My guess is that your Mallory might have started its life out of the factory (in the mid 50s) as a flat top porker, eventually pushed down into something of a teardrop by a previous owner, then re-poked back up into its current shape by the present owner. A guess, but I'm sticking to it for now.

Thank you for the nice comment today, Moe and PhotoG!!

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Michael - you always are among my absolute favorites... Stunning as always ...Next time I'm out west I want some brim shaping lessons

Strapped - love the way you represent the Caxton... Looks so good on you

Fruno - lookin killer bro!!
Both ways!... Loving that slice on you

Hato- that OR is crazy clean!
One day I'll be able to wear a hat like you... One day

JavaD- that lid is so damn classy that u make me feel like I need to put on a tie and some cologne just to look at your pics

Alan - you pretty much leave me speechless every day...
How do I work my way into your circle of friends ? :)

Bob - that modern Whippet looks fresh as farmers market produce on you... You may have just made a sale for JJ ... You may want to call them for some commission

This ol' hack is on his way to give 10 straight drum lessons... On top sits an old fav of course...
The BG CD ... Just glad to be part of the crew

7c80c5b0e47b28f12b3ed9451a1e412d.jpg

b19b30e4a72dd9280126c86006439976.jpg

Thx Moon. The Whippet has its spot in the line up. Great curl/flange on that brim!

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the input, hatsRme. I looked at pics of a flat top porkpie and I think I like it better open crown. The fit, off my newly finished block, is perfect. I felt a little dorky in it at first, but it is growing on me.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80