Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Nice selection today.
Trevi and SBG, I'd wear any of the straws either of you posted.

Today I decided to wear that little Biltmore I found yesterday and posted about in New Hats. Despite the size 7 tag, the actual fit was more like a 7 1/4. A very gentle stretching later, and it fits quite well for a near-stingy, that is.

f51ca12cdebc76feba52166a24b49aa3.jpg
6a6a1e48638e6c023bb7e9f15df72cf1.jpg

I'm usually not a fan of crowns higher in front than back, but it just seems to work with this one.
Not sure of the felt composition, but I know that it feels very nice, dense, and the Imperial Finish is super soft and smooth. At less than 6 dollars, I doubt there's any beaver in it, but as it was being sold at a discount chain who knows what it may have been priced at before Gemco got it. All I know is them's some mighty fine bunnies Biltmore used back then.
Have a great evening, everyone!

Trevi007

One of the Regulars
Nice selection today.
Trevi and SBG, I'd wear any of the straws either of you posted.

Today I decided to wear that little Biltmore I found yesterday and posted about in New Hats. Despite the size 7 tag, the actual fit was more like a 7 1/4. A very gentle stretching later, and it fits quite well for a near-stingy, that is.

f51ca12cdebc76feba52166a24b49aa3.jpg
6a6a1e48638e6c023bb7e9f15df72cf1.jpg

I'm usually not a fan of crowns higher in front than back, but it just seems to work with this one.
Not sure of the felt composition, but I know that it feels very nice, dense, and the Imperial Finish is super soft and smooth. At less than 6 dollars, I doubt there's any beaver in it, but as it was being sold at a discount chain who knows what it may have been priced at before Gemco got it. All I know is them's some mighty fine bunnies Biltmore used back then.
Have a great evening, everyone!

Thanks Moe, that Biltmore is sweet !

Trevi007

One of the Regulars
Here is my Old Man wearing his Baku straw in Puerto Rico, courtesy of my Brother Cariduro24 also a FL member. Guys this man is 79 years old , don't he looks great? I love this Man...
image.jpg

The hat was a gift from my brother Cariduro24.

Last edited:
Thanks Javadave!
I'd say start with the facial hair, it's free and easy.
I really dig that straw Open Road. Western creased ORs are about one of my most favorite style hats. Sort of skating the line between a fedora and a cowboy hat!

Tons of killer here today guys and gal.
Super handsome kid, too, EstherWeis. Pity about the sheep.

Thanks for the props, TJ!

foamy

A-List Customer
Beautiful selection as usual my Friends!!
Me yesterday, Vintage Cavanagh Milan. Have a blessed weekend you all !
Trevi, how you come up with these killer straws and most particularly, the milans, blows me away. I'd love to see your Summer collection.

Oh, I agree entirely with Bob, Your Pop looks great for a man of any age. Easy to see where you came from—you're a fortunate man.

Bob R., I ordered a Bishop in "sand" on Friday. You wear yours so well, I thought I might try and get one more straw in before the Summer fades.

SBG, what a nice trio of hats! Drooling over here.

Last edited:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Trev, (and Trev's Dad), Michael, Moe, nice lids, guys. Everyone looks great.

Starting out cool this Sunday a.m. in Central Ohio. That will be short lived, though. Temperatures here will begin to heat up soon.

While it's still cool I'm wearing my Indy Stagecoach conversion...

A_Indy_Coach.jpg

Indy_Hat_02.jpg

Indy_Hat_01.jpg

RobertM

Familiar Face
As always, great looking hats on display here.
Yesterday, I went to the Orvis wing-shooting class in Millbrook NY and that sun was beating down strongly. I brought my Tessi sisol, but that hard snap down lid which would have gotten in the way of sighting the gun. Yes, I know, I could have snapped that lid up, but I thought that this wider brim, inexpensive, Ecuadorian hat on sale there would be a better choice. Not terribly elegant or sophisticated, it worked. Good knock around, yard work, beach strolling lid.

R

011.jpg
022.jpg
014.jpg

Last edited:

Trevi007

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the kind comments about my Dad. He's the one responsible for me having this passion for hats , as you can tell.
Foamy I love my straws, and I need them for this hot Florida weather my friend! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy