Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eisenpforte

New in Town
Excellent showing today, lady and gents.
That fuzzy bunny really does match your eyes, Esther. Looks wonderful on you.

I replaced the cheap 'n' funky sweatband in my little Biltmore with a better one, so I figured I'd better break it in.

e3aab983c2b383a045d63f8344fb3ec4.jpg

Have a great day, everyone! :)

I like this one. It has character.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
TY Bob and Eisenpforte. For something that's out of my usual wheelhouse as far as crown height and brim width are concerned, this little near-stingy is quickly becoming a favorite. The brim treatment is what first got my attention when I saw it, then the 5 dollar price tag....:D

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
We had an unusually cool August evening for West Texas so out came my pecan VS. This is my go-to hat.

Don't take this the wrong way... But you've got a real good hat face.

All hats fit well above it

And I mean that in all seriousness... Not everyone has a good hat face.

Great VS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks moon! Wow, that's probably the best hat related compliment I've ever received! That may explain why I get hit on by the little old widows at church :).

tommyK

One Too Many
Great Borsa Tommy, is that a gray color?

Hato, it's "Bismuto" kind of a sort of grey. It's one of those hard to define colors and even harder to capture in a picture.

Bob, it looks my tag says "Ta Ludola" (I think?). What Alan said, or some variation. This hat is from the corregated sweatband "Thingy" period
3dcef429-4fc0-43e5-9db9-771724484bd8_zpszc92xgmx.jpg

Last edited:
Moon, I was thinking the same thing. I think you guys with facial hair have a leg up on the rest of us. Symetrical fur!

HAHA! It doesn't usually grow in in symmetry, though. Believe me, my face has no advantages over any other!

I agree on the VS, Rogera - love that color.
Moe, good rescue job on the Biltmore. I just received a new project in the post yesterday. I'm going to have to find time to get to it. It'll be my most challenging one yet.
S4C, the Caxton Man! You should convince her the fur should stay.
Nice Milan, Cariduro

Bucking Thin Ribbon Thursday because I haven't dusted off my Akubra Fedora in much too long.

IMG_1086.JPG IMG_1092.JPG

Hoping everyone has a great Thursday...

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks guys for the comments on my Portis Milan from yesterday. I've not had much chance to hang out here of late, but I have been able to check out a lot of the very cool hats. Nice to see some new Loungers too.

Finally a cool morning here in Ft. Worth - high 60's at the moment. Rare chance for a felt hat, a Stetson 25

smugshot_684769-L.jpg

EstherWeis

Vendor
Ha! I know how you feel, and i even have 2 cats around.

I'm in a purple tissue felt with vintage grosgrain.

098eb660c8777fddbd7e238a616362cc.jpg

cbeb01170bb94b3fc1e8fbba1a461bea.jpg

Have a nice day everyone!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks for the compliments on my VS yesterday guys. Strapped, Cariduro, Frunobulax, David,EstherWeis, great start to a beautiful Thursday!

David this is very unusual weather for mid-late August, in Texas that is, it's only 65 here right now! I'm lovin' it. We'll be back in the 100s pretty soon though.

Great hat choices, everyone!

Hato, it's "Bismuto" kind of a sort of grey. It's one of those hard to define colors and even harder to capture in a picture.

Bob, it looks my tag says "Ta Ludola" (I think?). What Alan said, or some variation. This hat is from the corregated sweatband "Thingy" period
View attachment 34295

Yes, that is the other variation. The meaning of both is a mystery but the color is from the metallic element series, this one being bismuth - very leadlike, though "plumbo" was also also featured by Borsalino at this time.

bismuth.JPG

The hyphen between the felt color and model indicates a ribbon matching the felt. Had it been a contrasting color, it would be imprinted there instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy