Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
For today I started with this 60's Stetson. Got sprayed in the rain.
20160109.jpg

Later my friends passed by and we went to "Coruche", a village in "Ribatejo" region.
The 20x Resistol Brown Gold was the chosen one.
20160109b.jpg

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Great looking hats everyone! Wish I had the collection some of you have...

Obviously, this is an older picture when the weather was better. But, I'm wearing this '50s era Open Road today, boring Silverbelly though.

Open_Road_me_RC.jpg

B_Open_Road.jpg

Gotta love Laurel and Hardy! They were hilarious even when they were making Silents. Check out the hats in this silent short from 1928. "Two Tars"

Dance of the Cuckoos

Last edited:

rclark

Call Me a Cab
Great looking hats everyone! Wish I had the collection some of you have...

Obviously, this is an older picture when the weather was better. But, I'm wearing this '50s era Open Road today, boring Silverbelly though.

Open_Road_me_RC.jpg

B_Open_Road.jpg

Gotta love Laurel and Hardy! They were hilarious even when they were making Silents. Check out the hats in this silent short from 1928. "Two Tars"

Dance of the Cuckoos
Love the hat, TJ! I actually prefer silver belly, as it seems to coordinate with most all colors quite well, whereas I find more unique colors don't work for me quite as well.

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Just bumming around the house today, so I'm taking the opportunity to go with a kind of oddball hat made by Bergen Hatters.
uploadfromtaptalk1452444759103.jpg

I found discussion on the lounge suggesting that the style was for fraternal organizations or that it is a coachman's hat. There are some wild colors out there, which make me wonder if they were aimed at hipsters to wear with zoot suits or even made for circus clowns. I also found a Bergen ad in a 1930s Jewish newspaper, so it may be that the company serviced the orthodox Jewish community as well.

Regardless of the hazy history, I think that it is a well made, nifty lid.

Happy Sunday, everyone.

Last edited:

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Just bumming around the house today, so I'm taking the opportunity to go with a kind of oddball hat made by Bergen Hatters. View attachment 41830

I found discussion on the lounge suggesting that the style was for fraternal organizations or that it is a coachman's hat. There are some wild colors out there, which make me wonder if they were aimed at hipsters to wear with zoot suits or even made for circus clowns. I also found a Bergen ad in a 1930s Jewish newspaper, so it may be that the company serviced the orthodox Jewish community as well.

Regardless of the hazy history, I think that it is a well made, nifty lid.

Happy Sunday, everyone.

It's interesting that the hat was made on Hudson Blvd in Jersey City

That's about 15 minutes from me

Very cool

Back in the day Jersey City was a very hip hoity kind of place with lots of jazz clubs and night life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hangin' hatless at the house watching it snow today. So no photos, alas.

really sharp piece daizawa !!!!

TJ ... I love that OR ... really nothing boring about SB in my opinion
plus you wear it so well that it could be canary yellow and would not matter

THAT - I'd like to see!

Happy sunday!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Great shot, Esther. Happy Sunday to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner