Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
It's sunny but cold here in Central Ohio. We didn't even get the dusting of snow that was predicted for our area. No snow for us. We lucked out, this time. Some of you guys look like you got hit pretty good. At least you're all well hatted, though.

I posted this picture a couple weeks back but I'm wearing this western conversion again today. It's an unknown Western brand, possibly a store brand. It was pretty beat up when I got it. Some reblocking and some moderate converting with a ribbon change and I ended up with this. Big Texas Fedora sounds fitting enough, I guess....

x_big_texas_fedora.jpg

Western_unkown_16.jpg

Western_unkown_18.jpg

Before:
X_Unknown_Western_2.jpg

Why hat wearing became less popular in the 1950s...
They kept falling off their heads when they were dancing....the grandfather of Rock and Roll, Bill Haley & His Comets.
NICE conversion. Like the center dent and healthy rake.

foamy

A-List Customer
Went for a stroll yesterday morning. The SB CD was on my head first, but then I re-discovered this Orvis Muir Woods. I had bought this for a good friend for Christmas, about three or four years ago. It didn't fit him and decided that this wasn't his sort of hat. I had meant to send it back, but that task, somehow got lost in the shuffle as did the hat. Found it a few months ago, tried it on, and it fits just fine for me. I'm not a big fan of "outback" style hats, but the felt on this one is very hard and stiff—much more so than either of my CD's. Perfect for high winds and blowing snow as it is a snug fit and has a turned down, three inch brim.

1:23:16.jpg

Snow and water just bead-up and roll off of this hat. Quite pleased and surprised—this hat has found it's niche.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Wow. I didn't realize how much snow some of you guys got already. Usually, Central Ohio gets hammered. I'm not complaining, though.

From last year...
photo_2_Nutira_snow.jpg

For today, another reworked Stagecoach.
x_Resistol_Turkey_Creek_RC.jpg

Turkey_Creek_SC_1.jpg

Turkey_Creek_SC_2.jpg

Turkey_Creek_SC_3.jpg

Any of you older dudes remember these guys? Sha Na Na. I used to watch these guys on TV every week back in the early '70s..."Don't You Just Know It"

The original version, 1958. Huey Smith and the Clowns

7 UP commercial, featuring Teen Angel early 70s. I remember this one too!

Hear , HEAR!!

Harv... Though your cheeks are rosy, you don't look happy. People pay good money at health clubs for lesser workouts! Take it easy out there, old fella. Glad to hear about the little guy.
It's all good Charlie. We are not use to this much white stuff. It was so windy with blowing snow, it was hard to smile. Its not the shoveling, its the reshoveling.[emoji14]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot