Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I'm totally zooted from getting up a 3 am to catch the first plane out of Norfolk. My ASCO derby is accompanying us to a late lunch. Have a great weekend.
Totally zooted eh? And there was me expecting you to look like this:
zsr.jpg
Not that you don't look a knockout in that fine derby. I hope you had an enjoyable flight, (and slept through most of it.)

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Very little time to participate lately as we moved our company to new offices last week. Working again today, getting the new place tuned up and the old quarters ready for return to the landlords. Now I have to get accustomed to being a cubicle jockey. Good light for hats pics, though.

Late '40s Stratoliner
IMG_7378_zpsjvb0ty68.jpg

beautiful as always Michael.
...miss seeing your amazing pieces more often.

Inge

honestly I find that the beard allows me to wear wider and higher things than I probably could clean shaven

it sort of compensates

I think your beard would allow you to wear a hat as wide and as high as you wish ... not that you couldn't even if you were clean shaven ... but I feel the beard does sure up the proportions a bit and gives you a wider range of options if you dig what I'm saying

lower crowns and shorter brims I don't find look as good as high crowns and wider brims on someone with a substantial beard such as yourself, Hurricane Jack and myself

the OR would be perfect for you ... early 50s models especially

Moon & Inge,

I wanted to go back to this post for a minute. I agree with everything Moon said about high crowns & wide brims with big beards. I think the size of the man can factor in also.

I could never pull off a pork pie/stingy brim look I don't think, but these guys do it quite well! The hat accentuates the big beard, I think. Plus they both have that great ginger red color as does your beard Inge. You might try it!

15qvw93.jpg

27zc66e.jpg

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Again to everyone, thanks so much for all of the wishes for wellness for my friend. Yesterday, I helped him talk on the phone with his mother for the first time. That was a beautiful thing to be able to share in. I'm a very lucky man.

Great hats from all.

I am cheating a bit. My shots are from yesterday... The ASCO at Red Rocks. The only thing missing was the Grateful Dead playing the amphitheater. Oh, the good old days...
uploadfromtaptalk1456066495357.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1456066515890.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1456066526020.jpg

And of course... Charlie's special post. [emoji6]
Have a happy Sunday, everyone.

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
Moon & Inge,

I wanted to go back to this post for a minute. I agree with everything Moon said about high crowns & wide brims with big beards. I think the size of the man can factor in also.

Like I think many of us I started with 2-21/4 inch brims. When I tried on a 2 1/2 + I thought it looked like a beach umbrella. After a while the shorter brims looked like bottle caps. Now I just enjoy the variety.

Tom D.

Again to everyone, thanks so much for all of the wishes for wellness for my friend. Yesterday, I helped him talk on the phone with his mother for the first time. That was a beautiful thing to be able to share in. I'm a very lucky man.

Great hats from all.

I am cheating a bit. My shots are from yesterday... The ASCO at Red Rocks. The only thing missing was the Grateful Dead playing the amphitheater. Oh, the good old days... View attachment 44908 View attachment 44909 View attachment 44910

Great pics Matt. Glad your friend was able yo speak with his mother. That's a big deal!

Very little time to participate lately as we moved our company to new offices last week. Working again today, getting the new place tuned up and the old quarters ready for return to the landlords. Now I have to get accustomed to being a cubicle jockey. Good light for hats pics, though.

Late '40s Stratoliner
IMG_7378_zpsjvb0ty68.jpg
That's gorgeous, Michael! Fantastic color. Good luck in the new digs.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up

Great hats from all.

I am cheating a bit. My shots are from yesterday... The ASCO at Red Rocks. The only thing missing was the Grateful Dead playing the amphitheater. Oh, the good old days... View attachment 44908 View attachment 44909 View attachment 44910

beautiful pics Matt

I saw the Grateful Dead at Red Rocks in the late 80s ... summer of ''87 or '88 ... can't remember ... I was a teenager and it was awesome

it was the only time I saw them not in NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner