Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

miket5r

A-List Customer
Thanks a lot....

Then it might not suit me !!!

Regards.

Rodolfo

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Hello Rodolfo
Here a picture with the two hats. You can see the difference of the crown

CAM01795.jpg

left Tablelands, right Cattleman

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Thanks everybody for the likes and kind words on recent posts.
Resisting temptation to wear the Vanzina again. Going with brown instead, this Resistol 3XB "Top Rail" conversion.

74afe1837f82becc66a0dc0397a31d64.jpg

I can still show support for the Giants even in earth tones.

b3505cc3bfe63ae0420962e3a58147c6.jpg

Of course, I may have to deal with Indy jokes all day, but that's a small price to pay to look good!:)
Have a great day!

Eliesti

A-List Customer
Hello Rodolfo
Here a picture with the two hats. You can see the difference of the crown

CAM01795.jpg

left Tablelands, right Cattleman

I never realized how similar these two hats are. I just bought my first hat (a Brown Fed IV) and was in the process of buying a Cattleman (had a deal on Craigslist that fell through and was about to order from EA) but now I am debating whether I should get a Tablelands instead but due to the lack of pictures of it being worn, I can't determine if the taper would work for my round face or if I should stick with the wider crowned Cattleman. They are both nice-looking hats though, and I like that both are unlined and come with grommets since I am in Houston and plan on wearing my hat outside in the hot, humid Houston summer.

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
I never realized how similar these two hats are. I just bought my first hat (a Brown Fed IV) and was in the process of buying a Cattleman (had a deal on Craigslist that fell through and was about to order from EA) but now I am debating whether I should get a Tablelands instead but due to the lack of pictures of it being worn, I can't determine if the taper would work for my round face or if I should stick with the wider crowned Cattleman. They are both nice-looking hats though, and I like that both are unlined and come with grommets since I am in Houston and plan on wearing my hat outside in the hot, humid Houston summer.
Will you consider a Straw? Peter Bros have hemp straws, or Sam at EA carries the Balmoral, Reef and Range, also in hemp.

Great hats, fresh, light and sturdier than Panamas !!

I love Panamas but you need to pamper them a lot

Eliesti

A-List Customer
Will you consider a Straw? Peter Bros have hemp straws, or Sam at EA carries the Balmoral, Reef and Range, also in hemp.

Great hats, fresh, light and sturdier than Panamas !!

I love Panamas but you need to pamper them a lot

I was actually going to order both the Balmoral and the Cattleman (or Tablelands) in the same order to save on shipping and since the hemps are so cheap. I love the look of the Balmoral (which I believe is based on the Cattleman with a smaller brim).

It's almost not worth it to order the Balmoral by itself due to the cost of shipping.

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
I was actually going to order both the Balmoral and the Cattleman (or Tablelands) in the same order to save on shipping and since the hemps are so cheap. I love the look of the Balmoral (which I believe is based on the Cattleman with a smaller brim).

It's almost not worth it to order the Balmoral by itself due to the cost of shipping.
Indeed, normally I order 2 felts plus one straw !!

tommyK

One Too Many
Some great hats today, everyone!
2016-04-12%2013.30.38_zpspslx4zfp.jpg

Akubra R.M. Williams RM

Subtle differences with the mid brown Campdraft, different block, flatter flange and cowboy hat stiff. Not sure if it's worth doing a comparison, they are very similar. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it like I would any thin ribbon Akubra. Descent modern hat at a bargain price

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
I think my wife would kill me if I bought three more hats at once after I had to push for my first, which she sadly doesn't like (too bad for her as I love my Fed IV!)
Darn !!! My wife will hit me !!!

Ups just remembered I dont have a wife anymore !![emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

And girlfriends are easier to get along with !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk