Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I saw a bumper sticker yesterday at a farm stand that said "Respect your music." Who else could I have thought of?!!
Ted Nugent??

2npukh.jpg

Thanks!
When I said optimo, I meant the style, not the brand. According to Brent Black:

The Optimo is the classic Panama hat style. In Ecuador, it’s called the Natural. The Optimo was the style of choice for British travelers, ex-pats, and empire builders in Malaysia, Hong Kong, India, and throughout the tropics—anywhere a gin and tonic had actual therapeutic value (against malaria, not just tropical tantrums). Even today, the style is more popular in the UK than in the US.

The style is not quite the classic optimo, though it's probably a variation on the theme. The classic optimo, potentially a foldable hat, is always radiused edges except for the center line.
images.jpg images2.jpg untitled.png
What sets this Borsa apart is the distinct geometry at the top, in my opinion. It would be near impossible (and completely ill-advised) to fold the defined edges into themselves, methinks! That's my story, TMITH, and I'm sticking to it! And I WANT one of those snappy porkers as you have on today. I've been eying that look for a while now...

TheManInTheHat

One of the Regulars
The style is not quite the classic optimo, though it's probably a variation on the theme. The classic optimo, potentially a foldable hat, is always radiused edges except for the center line.
View attachment 55732 View attachment 55733 View attachment 55734
What sets this Borsa apart is the distinct geometry at the top, in my opinion. It would be near impossible (and completely ill-advised) to fold the defined edges into themselves, methinks! That's my story, TMITH, and I'm sticking to it! And I WANT one of those snappy porkers as you have on today. I've been eying that look for a while now...

Got it! Thanks for explaining.
The Bailey was a lucky find in London at an outlet store. It was the only one of its kind and it happened to be my size. And it was less than 20 bucks, a real steal.

EstherWeis

Vendor
Nothing against your face, and wish we could see more of the hat-- but that is a really great photo. Looks like you two had a lovely afternoon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh thx! It was a lovely afternoon indeed. Yes, I had one with more of the hat and my silly face on it but it's the Alan inspired buntal. Y'll have seen it too many times.
Cherishing the hair. It's chop time in october ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner