Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

littlewing6283

New in Town
K. So I was a bit worried this would be too big. It looks ok though I'm happy there. Akubra cattleman in santone fawn. Odd fits bigger than my other akubras that are the same size. I had to stuff the liners in this one lightly

IMG_2361.JPG
IMG_2363.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marcelle

New in Town
IMG_4111.JPG
IMG_4112.JPG
IMG_4113.JPG
IMG_4114.JPG
IMG_4115.JPG
IMG_4116.JPG
IMG_4119.JPG
IMG_4118.JPG
Hi all,

So today I purchased this little beauty made by Bates hatters. As you can see she has been neglected and not looked after. So I will be giving this beautiful beaver felt a nice deep clean. I'll be looking to pass it on so if anyone is interested let me know as I can change ribbon if wanted as have some nice cotton and rayon from the 50's. as you can see from the pictures there is some damage to the bottom of the brim. I'll be leaving the original sweat and lining in.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
K. So I was a bit worried this would be too big. It looks ok though I'm happy there. Akubra cattleman in santone fawn. Odd fits bigger than my other akubras that are the same size. I had to stuff the liners in this one lightly

View attachment 81846 View attachment 81847

Looks good and their sweats have been known to shrink...

...Akubra cattleman in santone fawn. Odd fits bigger than my other akubras that are the same size...
Sizing at Akubra seems to be more "art" than "science". I have three Fed IVs and three Campdrafts, all size 60, but the Campdrafts are 1/4 to 1/2 size smaller than the Feds. *shrug* Also, as Bob mentioned above, their sweatbands shrink as you wear (and more specifically sweat in) them. They should be a little loose when you first wear them, but should soon "snug down" to a nice fit if you've ordered the right size.

KZjYKM6.jpg

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Dressed to the nines with that killer Marathon, Michael! Love that blue felt!
Thanks Doug. Wish I had more blue felt.

I'm loving the color of blue on that Marathon. And scrolling down....Bam! those pants!!!
The Marathon is a great color to be sure. Google up "gth pants" to find out about them.

Ahhh, that blue heather again. Always great to see that one!
Thanks Philo. It might be my favorite hat at the moment. But I'm fickle that way.

WOW!!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
That's what I say every day when I see the hat you are wearing.

You and Doug make those Marathons look premium! Excellent.
Thanks Justin. They did make a pretty nice hat.

I like those pants! That Marathon is very sharp to top it off. :)
Thanks Jeremy. Have to be in the right mood to wear those pants. Ha ha.

Love that hat Michael...but for some reason today I'm getting this bad ear worm!

You've been pulling out some pretty fine headwear lately yourself. Excellent hats all. But I think the earworm you want is here,

Thanks all,
Michael

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Two hat day.
Green VS

View attachment 81846 View attachment 81847

good to hear it all turned out A-OK. I think it's the shape of your face that makes it look good. Last time I wore my Cattleman there were a few comments on how big it looked. It has a lot to do with me loosing 50 pounds and shaving my beard. Skinny face makes the hat look a lot bigger.
You are defiantly wearing the hat. Not the other way around. Looking good
Wear it in good health
Johnny.

Hey all!
It's the Pimbell with a nice felted edge on a day with terrible lighting for photos.

Have a great day!