Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOGMAN

One Too Many
Finally got the new radiator put in old truck,checking for leaks.Wormser Royal Luxury on my head
9uWFrE1.jpg
mGryKLV.jpg
AknAmlK.jpg

managed to get a final rare and unexpected wear of my modern stetson straw hat before the Noah deluge that's forecasted this afternoon. Must pop it back into the ark now. View attachment 84398 View attachment 84399 View attachment 84400
Yay, straw for Karl. Nice weave, which model Stetson is it?

Yesterday Tawny Fed IV

7c2c1b6b5fdfabc8cf6869ad8f01a60e.jpg
b44858716350783480164df00cf027ba.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Nice and dry looking. Between monsoons?

View attachment 84408
Vintage Strat this cool morning.
Classic Bob, is it 50s?

Cool and cloudy, felt hat and wool weather. Hooray. Royal Stetson Open Road again today,
DSCN4323 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN4318 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN4317 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Enjoy your Saturday
9-2-2017 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Michael
You look positively "wintery" today. Good on you. It is going to be 102 here in Oregon. Maybe I'll wear some felts around the air conditioned house today, in solidarity, of course.

you can often beat a beater, but you can rarely whip a whippet.
Oh Myyyy!

I wish i could reply to everyone, but quick post for me. Picking up another chassis and working on the 40s gmc today

20s Stetson Nutria
b8996dfacaa2021056f93405b66d2d30.jpg
53882f44d1b3e8e12dad46a76518b76e.jpg
1709e5d23a47eade857c21d8d03ce2df.jpg
95634bd3e6f4a7cf74349dc52b2715b8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
The toothpick just makes that look Justin!

Excellent Whippet
Brim up on the Whippet suits you and Bob, for me, not so much. I look too much like a dork to even post a picture. Love it.

Knox Foxhound
thoroughly enjoying this superbly constructed classic
871792aa1fa7a56b8fd361f0c6d501fb.jpg

789d3c8bbc6ff4ae8fb9f37a2ae4a486.jpg

71d6782a27c1c9d8433b2fa001e42954.jpg

5f103fb569a04408cc488b096f4e900c.jpg

Sent from my space aged handheld communication device and universal translator
I know it is probably just my monitor, but the ribbon on this Foxhound looks almost purple. At any rate, this is fantabulous!

KarlCrow

One Too Many
Yay, straw for Karl. Nice weave, which model Stetson is it?
i think its called 'tolida', it was basically the only 57 i liked on in a whole hat shop, cloth sweat, an anniversary gift from mrs crow. She wasn't leaving till i picked something.

Nice coffee mug.
better than my mug no doubt

On Labor Day Weekend black hats start to get paroled from their summer confinement.

IMG_3117.jpg
I wish... Love the pencil curl on that brim.

View attachment 84457 It's my son's Yishai's birthday. We are celebrating this beautiful Sabbath morning. Yishai is an athlete and took second in wrestling last year in our district. Between him and his brother they have the most wins at their school. I'm wearing my staple aloha shirt and Como borsalino.

View attachment 84430 View attachment 84428 View attachment 84427 View attachment 84426
Happy birthday to the wrestler! Sweet Como as well.

Camping in Dorset (southwest England) near the "Jurassic Coast" for my sons 6 birthday as he likes camping and looking for fossils (for limited time span!). Grabbed a Tilley.

ed09f66a5fc16fd7868162afb9e27e2b.jpg

Found out there is a hat festival 6 miles away!

19e8c4deed27acd9810bb2237219830e.jpg

By chance, I have my House if Rothshire beater so suitably hatted, off I went.

Everyone wearing various forms of hats, but only a few wearing fedoras of the standard and quality I see here. Perhaps some Loungers were there? Others were pretty far out there.

4414043746c2984c6e918dda3b38227d.jpg

8f0944c143c2ad3ddad7c1ce5db78bad.jpg

Found a hat shop.

099beff58fe1e46dce86f1db614fa7ea.jpg

Had fun exploring a large stock of Akubra, Christy's, Sasquechanna Hat Co. Some nice hats but nothing that had my reaching for my wallet apart from a nice Chrisy's paper boy cap. The thing is, I am better educated by the Lounge so erring towards the vintage. Still, it was fun browsing through hats and lots of first time hat wearers or buyers coming into the shop so good to see more people wearing hats!

Have a great Haturday, haha[emoji3].

f31e3bbb7c037c5d38aff58d6a8f2278.jpg
What a great festival, I think an international Lounge event next year would be a hoot. We could show them what real hats are all about. Love the ad for Snooks!

MrsFed is home. There was a lot more that happened in Ecuador leading up to her father's death. Turns out he had liver cancer, so that explains the terrible pain he was enduring. That he died without proper pain relief irks me no end. My Dad went through about a week of that before my siblings and I took him to the hospital and got that sorted. That Ramon's son is a doctor and this still happened is a maddening mystery to everyone in the family except his overbearing, bossy wife.

Anyway, enough of that drama. Sandra is exhausted so we are staying in this Labor Day weekend. We are also looking at 4 days of ~100F weather here. Maybe a walk down 3rd Street to look at antiques and get lunch.

We'll picking out straw hats for the next few days...
Good that she is back. Sorry to hear about all the trials and tribulations she had to deal with. Wow, family...some things are universal, no matter what country. I'll only be venturing out briefly in the morning, too hot. We are hosting a dinner party for Patty's folks, but I don't think we will be eating out on the deck.

Mmmmmm whipstitch! I really love that hat Bob. My refurb of the moth eaten Brent will be done soon. Trimming off a 1/4" of bug chewed brim and adding this stitching. Can't wait, until then, I'll live vicariously through this beauty.

Hey all!
A big and shady Borsalino Panama on a bright and blazing holiday weekend.

7e2652981759343672f073b0e66320c8.jpg
dcb969eb94ffc171aafe2bb268eb5d7c.jpg
cb9004a47e2c87de5fe2af89ddbecb5c.jpg

I keep looking west, hoping for a nice thick blissfully cool NorCal Special fog to roll in as it usually does on these hot spells. No luck so far.
Have a great day!